Apr 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
What will Jayson Werth hit this season? We've got some varied predictions.
CHICAGO — Guess what, folks? It's Opening Day! See that little countdown clock to the right of your screen? It reads "0" at long last. In a little over seven hours, Ryan Dempster will stand on the mound at Wrigley Field and deliver a pitch to Ian Desmond, officially inaugurating the Nationals' 2012 season.
This, of course, is the most anticipated season since the Nationals arrived in town in 2005. And that means there are no shortage of predictions that can be made about this club. As we've done the last two seasons, my counterparts on the Nats beat were kind enough to fill out some questionnaires and make some bold predictions about the local ballclub.
Feel free to rip on us for our wide-ranging choices (though we'll certainly respect you more if you're willing to put your own reputation on the line and publish your picks as well)…
Who will represent the Nats at the All-Star Game?
Mark Zuckerman (CSNwashington.com) — Ryan Zimmerman, Stephen Strasburg, Jordan Zimmermann
Adam Kilgore (Washington Post) — Ryan Zimmerman, StephenRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs
- Bryce Harper still doesn't think he's MLB's best
- Nats go for 2 in a row at Wrigley
- Marlins players fail to show up at charity event
- Cubs manager Joe Maddon doesn't get criticism of Bryce Harper
- The Baseball Show: Time to sign Harper to an extension?
- Mets Matt Harvey may be dealing with 'dead arm'
- As Nationals soar, so does dominant Storen
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1