Apr 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
What will Jayson Werth hit this season? We've got some varied predictions.
CHICAGO — Guess what, folks? It's Opening Day! See that little countdown clock to the right of your screen? It reads "0" at long last. In a little over seven hours, Ryan Dempster will stand on the mound at Wrigley Field and deliver a pitch to Ian Desmond, officially inaugurating the Nationals' 2012 season.
This, of course, is the most anticipated season since the Nationals arrived in town in 2005. And that means there are no shortage of predictions that can be made about this club. As we've done the last two seasons, my counterparts on the Nats beat were kind enough to fill out some questionnaires and make some bold predictions about the local ballclub.
Feel free to rip on us for our wide-ranging choices (though we'll certainly respect you more if you're willing to put your own reputation on the line and publish your picks as well)…
Who will represent the Nats at the All-Star Game?
Mark Zuckerman (CSNwashington.com) — Ryan Zimmerman, Stephen Strasburg, Jordan Zimmermann
Adam Kilgore (Washington Post) — Ryan Zimmerman, StephenRead more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Instant analysis: Padres 4, Nats 3 (12)
- Injury updates on Gio Gonzalez, Doug Fister & Scott Hairston
- Nationals host Padres in first of four-game series
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers moving up the ladder
- Deconstructing the Nationals' game-winning rally
- Gio Gonzalez pulled from Nats' win with left shoulder tightness
- LaRoche's walk-off hit saves Nationals from sweep vs. Angels
- Former Senators pitcher Connie Marrero passes away
- Injury updates on Zimmerman and Hairston
- Baseball in the District: Thom Loverro of ESPN 980 talks Nats