Apr 5, 2012, 6:22 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse could return to the Nationals as soon as Tuesday in New York.
CHICAGO — The Nationals may not be without their cleanup hitter very long at all.
Michael Morse, who is opening the season on the disabled list with a strained lat muscle, will begin a rehab assignment with Class AA Harrisburg this evening. If all goes well, the Nationals won't hesitate to activate him Tuesday as soon as he becomes eligible.
"It will be entirely up to how he's feeling, what he's able to do," manager Davey Johnson said. "But knowing Michael Morse, I'll probably get a phone call in about 3-4 days saying he's ready."
Morse is slated to start in left field tonight for Harrisburg at Bowie. He'll be joined in the lineup by Rick Ankiel, who will serve as the Senators'Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats