Apr 5, 2012, 6:22 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse could return to the Nationals as soon as Tuesday in New York.
CHICAGO — The Nationals may not be without their cleanup hitter very long at all.
Michael Morse, who is opening the season on the disabled list with a strained lat muscle, will begin a rehab assignment with Class AA Harrisburg this evening. If all goes well, the Nationals won't hesitate to activate him Tuesday as soon as he becomes eligible.
"It will be entirely up to how he's feeling, what he's able to do," manager Davey Johnson said. "But knowing Michael Morse, I'll probably get a phone call in about 3-4 days saying he's ready."
Morse is slated to start in left field tonight for Harrisburg at Bowie. He'll be joined in the lineup by Rick Ankiel, who will serve as the Senators'Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals