Apr 7, 2012, 4:36 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse homered during last night's rehab game in Bowie.
CHICAGO — Already planning to take a day off from his rehab assignment with Class AA Harrisburg, Nationals left fielder Michael Morse is heading to New York today to receive treatment on his healing right lat muscle.
Manager Davey Johnson described the one-day trip to New York as strictly for treatment purposes and said the lat tear that sidelined Morse for much of March has completely healed. The club still anticipates to have its cleanup hitter back in the lineup as soon as Tuesday, the first day he's eligible to come off the disabled list.
"He wasn't going to play today, so he's taking the time to go to New York and see this doctor guru [Derek] Jeter and [Alex] Rodriguez and [Jayson] Werth and everybody goes to see," Johnson said before today's game against the Cubs. "Just knowing he was going to have the day off, he just went up there. New York's not that far from D.C. Get a little treatment."
Morse is expected to resume his rehab assignment with Harrisburg tomorrow at Bowie, hoping to pick up where he left off last night whenRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals try to start new winning streak today
- The Baseball Show: LaRoche and Cabrera are August standouts
- Nationals deal with unfamiliar event: A loss
- Nats fall to Giants, win streak snapped at 10
- Williams talks Nats Sept. call-ups, plan for Nate Schierholtz
- Michael Morse returns to Nationals Park for 1st time since 2012
- Nats go for 11 straight with longtime enemy Hudson on mound
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats are on fire
- Remembering the Nats' last 10-game win streak
- Baseball in the District - Nats prospect Taylor Hill