Apr 7, 2012, 4:36 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse homered during last night's rehab game in Bowie.
CHICAGO — Already planning to take a day off from his rehab assignment with Class AA Harrisburg, Nationals left fielder Michael Morse is heading to New York today to receive treatment on his healing right lat muscle.
Manager Davey Johnson described the one-day trip to New York as strictly for treatment purposes and said the lat tear that sidelined Morse for much of March has completely healed. The club still anticipates to have its cleanup hitter back in the lineup as soon as Tuesday, the first day he's eligible to come off the disabled list.
"He wasn't going to play today, so he's taking the time to go to New York and see this doctor guru [Derek] Jeter and [Alex] Rodriguez and [Jayson] Werth and everybody goes to see," Johnson said before today's game against the Cubs. "Just knowing he was going to have the day off, he just went up there. New York's not that far from D.C. Get a little treatment."
Morse is expected to resume his rehab assignment with Harrisburg tomorrow at Bowie, hoping to pick up where he left off last night whenRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Zimmermann leads Nats against Yankees' Sabathia
- Injuries highlight the importance of rotation depth
- Gio Gonzalez starts strong, but Astros top Nationals
- Bryce Harper repping new eye black company
- Gonzalez faces Astros under the lights in Viera
- Should Desmond be the Nationals' No. 2 hitter?
- Strasburg settles down, Nats rout Cardinals 11-1
- Strasburg leads Nationals against Cardinals
- Skole among first round of cuts at Nats camp
- Rosenthal pain-free, Wacha pitches well for Cards