Apr 9, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Adam LaRoche has clubbed two homers in as many days.
CHICAGO — Forget for a moment the Nationals' offensive woes during yesterday's 4-3 loss to the Cubs. Forget Jordan Zimmermann's efficient seven innings of work. Forget Gio Gonzalez's struggles on Saturday. And forget the dominant performances from just about every member of the bullpen over the weekend.
If there's only one thing to take away from the Nationals' season-opening series at Wrigley Field, it might just be the re-emergence of Adam LaRoche's power stroke.
Seriously. You have to be careful to read too much into the first three games of the year, so it's probably not worth agonizing over Jayson Werth's 0-for-10 start or exulting over Henry Rodriguez's 94 mph changeup.
But there's nothing wrong with reading something into LaRoche's two home runs against the Cubs: his two-run blast Saturday off theRead more »
NLDS: NATIONALS VS. GIANTS
SAT: Game 2 at Washington, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3 at San Francisco, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4 at San Francisco, TBA (FS1)*
THU: Game 5 at Washington, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals draw Giants in NLDS after Wild Card win
- Braves' hitting coach resigns after trying season
- Game thread: Giants-Pirates battle to face Nats in NLDS
- Former Nats slugger Adam Dunn still plans to retire
- Giants or Pirates: who should Nats prefer to play in NLDS?
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs