Apr 9, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Adam LaRoche has clubbed two homers in as many days.
CHICAGO — Forget for a moment the Nationals' offensive woes during yesterday's 4-3 loss to the Cubs. Forget Jordan Zimmermann's efficient seven innings of work. Forget Gio Gonzalez's struggles on Saturday. And forget the dominant performances from just about every member of the bullpen over the weekend.
If there's only one thing to take away from the Nationals' season-opening series at Wrigley Field, it might just be the re-emergence of Adam LaRoche's power stroke.
Seriously. You have to be careful to read too much into the first three games of the year, so it's probably not worth agonizing over Jayson Werth's 0-for-10 start or exulting over Henry Rodriguez's 94 mph changeup.
But there's nothing wrong with reading something into LaRoche's two home runs against the Cubs: his two-run blast Saturday off theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: All-Star break
TUE: All-Star Game at Minneapolis, 8 p.m.
WED: All-Star break
THU: All-Star break
FRI: Brewers at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Brewers at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Brewers at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Halfway in, Nationals are finally hitting their stride (VIDEO)
- Nationals trounce Phillies, 10-3, roll into All-Star break
- Nationals reliever Tyler Clippard added to All-Star roster
- Roark, Nats aim to end first half on a high note in Philly
- Zimmerman delivers latest game-winner for Nats
- Instant analysis: Nats 5, Phillies 3 (10)
- Zimmermann likely to avoid DL with biceps strain
- Strasburg faces Hamels in pitching showdown
- Nats have zero All-Stars after Zimmermann replaced
- Harper homers but still battling out of slump