Apr 9, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Adam LaRoche has clubbed two homers in as many days.
CHICAGO — Forget for a moment the Nationals' offensive woes during yesterday's 4-3 loss to the Cubs. Forget Jordan Zimmermann's efficient seven innings of work. Forget Gio Gonzalez's struggles on Saturday. And forget the dominant performances from just about every member of the bullpen over the weekend.
If there's only one thing to take away from the Nationals' season-opening series at Wrigley Field, it might just be the re-emergence of Adam LaRoche's power stroke.
Seriously. You have to be careful to read too much into the first three games of the year, so it's probably not worth agonizing over Jayson Werth's 0-for-10 start or exulting over Henry Rodriguez's 94 mph changeup.
But there's nothing wrong with reading something into LaRoche's two home runs against the Cubs: his two-run blast Saturday off theRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats to interview former manager of year for open job
- Report: Former Nats player to interview for open manager job
- Mets, Cubs aim to clinch NLCS berths as playoffs continue
- Report: Nats interviewed former All-Star for manager position
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'