Apr 10, 2012, 4:22 AM EST
Contrary to popular belief, there have been actual, recorded cases of big-league pitchers traveling to Birmingham, Ala., to have their arms examined by Dr. James Andrews and not ending up on the operating table.
But it doesn't happen very often, and typically a trip to see the noted orthopedist results in some kind of surgical procedure.
So Drew Storen should be fully prepared to go under the knife in the next day or two after Andrews takes a look at his right elbow, which began acting up again following a simulated game at the Nationals' extended spring training complex in Viera, Fla.
"Hopefully it's nothing serious, but it doesn't sound good to me," manager Davey Johnson told reporters at Citi Field prior to Monday night's 4-3 loss to the Mets.
If there is a silver lining to this saga, it doesn't appear Storen is in any danger of needing Tommy John surgery. The enhanced MRI theRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos