Apr 10, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Ross Detwiler makes his season debut tonight at Citi Field.
They won two nailbiters, and now they've lost two nailbiters. Eventually, the Nationals will play a game that doesn't come down to the ninth inning, right? Right?
Perhaps that will happen tonight in the second of a three-game series against the Mets. Ross Detwiler becomes the final member of the rotation to make his season debut, and this will be the left-hander's first opportunity to justify the Nationals' last-minute decision to hand him the job over John Lannan. If he pitches the way he did last September and this spring, Detwiler should be just fine.
A couple of changes to Davey Johnson's lineup: Steve Lombardozzi and Xavier Nady each get the start. Lombardozzi, who has seen a little bit of time in left field so far, will start at second base. (Danny Espinosa, who got elbowed in the head in the ninth inning last night, gets the day off.) Nady, meanwhile, starts in left field, with Mark DeRosa (0-for-the-season) taking a seat.
As you know, I'm not in New York for this series. Enjoy the game and the conversation as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WFED (1500 AM), WHFS (1580 AM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 58 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Steve Lombardozzi
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent