Apr 10, 2012, 7:19 PM EST
Associated Press photo
Ross Detwiler makes his season debut tonight at Citi Field.
They won two nailbiters, and now they've lost two nailbiters. Eventually, the Nationals will play a game that doesn't come down to the ninth inning, right? Right?
Perhaps that will happen tonight in the second of a three-game series against the Mets. Ross Detwiler becomes the final member of the rotation to make his season debut, and this will be the left-hander's first opportunity to justify the Nationals' last-minute decision to hand him the job over John Lannan. If he pitches the way he did last September and this spring, Detwiler should be just fine.
A couple of changes to Davey Johnson's lineup: Steve Lombardozzi and Xavier Nady each get the start. Lombardozzi, who has seen a little bit of time in left field so far, will start at second base. (Danny Espinosa, who got elbowed in the head in the ninth inning last night, gets the day off.) Nady, meanwhile, starts in left field, with Mark DeRosa (0-for-the-season) taking a seat.
As you know, I'm not in New York for this series. Enjoy the game and the conversation as always…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WFED (1500 AM), WHFS (1580 AM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 58 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Steve Lombardozzi
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen