Apr 11, 2012, 4:38 AM EST
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse's rehab stint has been put on hold indefinitely.
In a week filled with discouraging injury news (see: Rendon, Anthony; and Storen, Drew) the latest update on Michael Morse is the harshest punch to the gut yet.
Just when it appeared Morse would be ready to rejoin the Nationals in time for Thursday's home opener, this not-so-pleasant update was provided: The club's cleanup hitter will remain out indefinitely after experiencing continued pain in his right lat muscle, pain so significant it prevented him from being able to throw a baseball from left field to the shortstop position during Monday's rehab game at low-Class A Hagerstown.
There's no way to sugarcoat this setback, and manager Davey Johnson didn't even attempt to in revealing the news.
"I didn't think it was even that serious," Johnson told reporters at Citi Field prior to Tuesday's game against the Mets. "I was kind of lookingRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- With Zimmermann gone, what happens to Nats rotation?
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team