Apr 11, 2012, 11:32 PM EST
Surgery was performed by team doctor Wiemi Douoguih after orthopedist James Andrews yesterday examined an MRI of the 24-year-old reliever's elbow and confirmed the club's diagnosis of a bone chip, according to a source familiar with the procedure.
Recovery time could be anywhere from 2-3 months, which should have Storen back on the mound in the big leagues shortly before the July 9-12 All-Star break.
Today's surgery brings resolution for Storen, who had been experiencing elbow soreness since early-March but initially believed he'd be ready to open the season with his teammates. Even when he was placed on the 15-day disabled list at the end of spring training, the pitcher wasRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- With Rays' asking Price, no wonder Nats looked elsewhere
- Revisiting all those Nationals and Athletics trades
- Ex-Nats C Brian Schneider takes Single-A manager job
- 2B Brian Roberts, Yankees agree to contract
- Lefties priced themselves out of Nats' market
- Former Nats prospect Marrero lands with Orioles
- Report: Jimmy Rollins latest Phillies player in trade rumors
- Braves add Gavin Floyd on one-year deal
- Nats looking for 2014 'entertainment crew'
- Williams embraces Nats' lofty expectations