Apr 11, 2012, 11:32 PM EDT
Surgery was performed by team doctor Wiemi Douoguih after orthopedist James Andrews yesterday examined an MRI of the 24-year-old reliever's elbow and confirmed the club's diagnosis of a bone chip, according to a source familiar with the procedure.
Recovery time could be anywhere from 2-3 months, which should have Storen back on the mound in the big leagues shortly before the July 9-12 All-Star break.
Today's surgery brings resolution for Storen, who had been experiencing elbow soreness since early-March but initially believed he'd be ready to open the season with his teammates. Even when he was placed on the 15-day disabled list at the end of spring training, the pitcher wasRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats to interview former manager of year for open job
- Report: Former Nats player to interview for open manager job
- Mets, Cubs aim to clinch NLCS berths as playoffs continue
- Report: Nats interviewed former All-Star for manager position
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'