Apr 11, 2012, 11:32 PM EST
Surgery was performed by team doctor Wiemi Douoguih after orthopedist James Andrews yesterday examined an MRI of the 24-year-old reliever's elbow and confirmed the club's diagnosis of a bone chip, according to a source familiar with the procedure.
Recovery time could be anywhere from 2-3 months, which should have Storen back on the mound in the big leagues shortly before the July 9-12 All-Star break.
Today's surgery brings resolution for Storen, who had been experiencing elbow soreness since early-March but initially believed he'd be ready to open the season with his teammates. Even when he was placed on the 15-day disabled list at the end of spring training, the pitcher wasRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)