Apr 11, 2012, 11:32 PM EDT
Surgery was performed by team doctor Wiemi Douoguih after orthopedist James Andrews yesterday examined an MRI of the 24-year-old reliever's elbow and confirmed the club's diagnosis of a bone chip, according to a source familiar with the procedure.
Recovery time could be anywhere from 2-3 months, which should have Storen back on the mound in the big leagues shortly before the July 9-12 All-Star break.
Today's surgery brings resolution for Storen, who had been experiencing elbow soreness since early-March but initially believed he'd be ready to open the season with his teammates. Even when he was placed on the 15-day disabled list at the end of spring training, the pitcher wasRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats clean house, let go of entire coaching staff
- Source: Williams fired after 2 seasons as Nats manager
- Trying to make sense of the Nationals' season
- Desmond turns emotional after likely Nats finale
- Harper loses batting title but sets up for MVP
- Nats' season ends with 1-0 loss to the Mets
- Rizzo: Decision on Williams will come soon
- Tanner Roark starts in season finale for the Nationals
- Nats rookie fractures hand in first career start
- Putting Scherzer's no-hitters into historical context