Apr 12, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Nationals Park is all set for its first regular-season game of the season.
It's a beautiful day for the ballgame. And it just so happens there's a ballgame being played in the nation's capital this afternoon. How fortuitous.
After opening the season 4-2 in Chicago and New York, the Nationals finally enjoy their home opener today, hosting the Reds at Nationals Park. There will be plenty of pomp and circumstance, and plenty of rousing ovations for Stephen Strasburg, Ryan Zimmerman and Wilson Ramos (among others). But there's also some not-so-happy news to report on the injury front…
Michael Morse has re-aggravated the lat strain that first cropped up more than a month ago. According to Mike Rizzo, the Nats' cleanup hitter will be in "total shutdown mode" for six weeks, at which point he'll be re-evaluated and resume baseball activities. Plenty more on Morse coming shortly in a separate article.
In the meantime, enjoy today's game and please check back of lots of updates throughout…
CINCINNATI REDS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB Network (outside D.C. area), MLB.tv
Radio: WFED (1500 AM), WHFS (1580 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 56 degrees, Wind 14 mph out to RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale