Apr 12, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
His right arm in a sling following the first surgery of his life, Drew Storen sat in the dugout at Nationals Park this morning and expressed relief that yesterday's procedure to remove a small bone chip from his elbow was relatively minor.
"When I woke up and they said that it was quick, it was easy, it was what we expected … obviously that's a big relief," Storen said. "Now I have a good plan of attack. I know what the problem was; I had it fixed."
The arthroscopic surgery performed by team doctor Wiemi Douoguih removed one small bone chip from Storen's throwing elbow. The right-hander's ulnar collateral ligament was found to be entirely intact, and there were no other areas of concern.
Doctors didn't give Storen an exact timetable for his return, but he's proceeding as though he'll miss at least two months. No matter whenRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Matt Williams quotes Robert Frost in postgame speech (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Nats celebrate NL East title with loud music, lots of beer
- Nationals players react to winning NL East on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper wears custom firefighters helmet to celebrate
- Nationals clinch NL East with victory in Atlanta
- How did Zimmerman fare in first game action in Viera?
- Nationals play for NL East title tonight in Atlanta
- Has Strasburg earned Game 1 start in playoffs?
- Around the NL East: Braves on the verge of elimination
- After nailbiter, Nationals on the cusp of a clinch