Apr 12, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
His right arm in a sling following the first surgery of his life, Drew Storen sat in the dugout at Nationals Park this morning and expressed relief that yesterday's procedure to remove a small bone chip from his elbow was relatively minor.
"When I woke up and they said that it was quick, it was easy, it was what we expected … obviously that's a big relief," Storen said. "Now I have a good plan of attack. I know what the problem was; I had it fixed."
The arthroscopic surgery performed by team doctor Wiemi Douoguih removed one small bone chip from Storen's throwing elbow. The right-hander's ulnar collateral ligament was found to be entirely intact, and there were no other areas of concern.
Doctors didn't give Storen an exact timetable for his return, but he's proceeding as though he'll miss at least two months. No matter whenRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' 9-game win streak is "absolutely epic"
- Are Nationals finally playing to full potential? (VIDEO)
- Mo'ne Davis and company have one more chance
- Young guns bat, slide Nationals to ninth-straight win
- Matt Williams projects when Ryan Zimmerman will return
- Span tabs Nats teammate & rival to do ice bucket challenge
- Williams debates keeping streak alive or long term health
- VIDEO: Bryce Harper's hair is on fire and he plays the ukulele
- Asdrubal Cabrera fitting in with Nats in first few weeks since trade
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett will 'probably' retire after this season