Apr 12, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
His right arm in a sling following the first surgery of his life, Drew Storen sat in the dugout at Nationals Park this morning and expressed relief that yesterday's procedure to remove a small bone chip from his elbow was relatively minor.
"When I woke up and they said that it was quick, it was easy, it was what we expected … obviously that's a big relief," Storen said. "Now I have a good plan of attack. I know what the problem was; I had it fixed."
The arthroscopic surgery performed by team doctor Wiemi Douoguih removed one small bone chip from Storen's throwing elbow. The right-hander's ulnar collateral ligament was found to be entirely intact, and there were no other areas of concern.
Doctors didn't give Storen an exact timetable for his return, but he's proceeding as though he'll miss at least two months. No matter whenRead more »
NLDS: NATIONALS VS. GIANTS
SAT: Game 2 at Washington, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3 at San Francisco, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4 at San Francisco, TBA (FS1)*
THU: Game 5 at Washington, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Breaking down the Nats and Giants season series
- Nationals draw Giants in NLDS after Wild Card win
- Braves' hitting coach resigns after trying season
- Game thread: Giants-Pirates battle to face Nats in NLDS
- Former Nats slugger Adam Dunn still plans to retire
- Giants or Pirates: who should Nats prefer to play in NLDS?
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?