Apr 12, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
His right arm in a sling following the first surgery of his life, Drew Storen sat in the dugout at Nationals Park this morning and expressed relief that yesterday's procedure to remove a small bone chip from his elbow was relatively minor.
"When I woke up and they said that it was quick, it was easy, it was what we expected … obviously that's a big relief," Storen said. "Now I have a good plan of attack. I know what the problem was; I had it fixed."
The arthroscopic surgery performed by team doctor Wiemi Douoguih removed one small bone chip from Storen's throwing elbow. The right-hander's ulnar collateral ligament was found to be entirely intact, and there were no other areas of concern.
Doctors didn't give Storen an exact timetable for his return, but he's proceeding as though he'll miss at least two months. No matter whenRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats
- Phillies sweep red-hot Nationals
- LIVE THREAD: Nationals, Fister face Phillies on the road
- LaRoche confident back issue won't linger
- Can Doug Fister prevent Phillies from sweeping Nationals?
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins