Apr 13, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
We knew the Nationals rotation was deep, talented and capable of doing some special things this season. But did we expect all of that to become so obvious so early in the year?
With one week in the books, Nationals starters have already established themselves as one of the sport's best. Gio Gonzalez's seven-inning gem during yesterday's home opener was only the latest stellar performance by manager Davey Johnson's rotation.
Combine Gonzalez's outing with the ones authored the previous two days by Stephen Strasburg and Ross Detwiler, and then throw in Edwin Jackson's final inning on the mound Monday night in New York, and the Nationals rotation is currently riding a 19-inning scoreless streak.
Yes, that's 19 consecutive innings in which the opposition has failed to score against a Nats starter. Can't ask for much more than that.
And there's been nothing fluky about this streak. Detwiler, Strasburg
Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lower magic number to four, top Mets
- Nationals try to finish off Mets in series finale
- Harper, Desmond star in Nats 10-3 win over Mets
- Fister looks to stay perfect against Mets tonight
- Nats can't climb out of early hole, fall to Mets 4-3
- Nationals shoot for 13th straight win at Citi Field
- The Baseball Show: Are Nats finally over the Braves (VIDEO)
- Two Nationals players plunked by Colon in 6-2 win
- Desmond, Rendon back in Nationals' lineup
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers falling hard