Apr 14, 2012, 10:40 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Edwin Jackson continued this remarkable stretch of dominance by Nats pitching.
Game in a nutshell: Another day, another brilliant pitching performance. Edwin Jackson was the latest member of the rotation to do it, going the distance while allowing only one run on two hits. Adam LaRoche had another big, two-run double in the third, and Jesus Flores and Jayson Werth each drove in a run to lead the first-place Nationals to their fifth straight win.
Hitting highlight: He doesn't get much playing time now that he's backing up Wilson Ramos, but Jesus Flores sure is making the most of the opportunities he gets. The Nationals one-time "Catcher of the Future" went 3-for-3 with an RBI and a walk, making him a robust 6-for-10 at the plate this season. Not that Davey Johnson is about to make a change behind the plate, but it's always nice to know Flores is capable of producing when called upon.
Pitching highlight: Edwin Jackson had been the lone member of the Nationals rotation yet to put forth a dominant start. He certainly threw his hat into the ring today, big-time. Jackson went the distance,Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Roark on the mound as Nats look to continue dominance of Braves
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting
- Strasburg will return next week to face Mets
- Nats look to take advantage of softer stretch, starting with Braves
- Updated: Nats add reliever, activate Moore
- Baseball in the District – Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman