Apr 14, 2012, 10:40 PM EST
Associated Press photo
Edwin Jackson continued this remarkable stretch of dominance by Nats pitching.
Game in a nutshell: Another day, another brilliant pitching performance. Edwin Jackson was the latest member of the rotation to do it, going the distance while allowing only one run on two hits. Adam LaRoche had another big, two-run double in the third, and Jesus Flores and Jayson Werth each drove in a run to lead the first-place Nationals to their fifth straight win.
Hitting highlight: He doesn't get much playing time now that he's backing up Wilson Ramos, but Jesus Flores sure is making the most of the opportunities he gets. The Nationals one-time "Catcher of the Future" went 3-for-3 with an RBI and a walk, making him a robust 6-for-10 at the plate this season. Not that Davey Johnson is about to make a change behind the plate, but it's always nice to know Flores is capable of producing when called upon.
Pitching highlight: Edwin Jackson had been the lone member of the Nationals rotation yet to put forth a dominant start. He certainly threw his hat into the ring today, big-time. Jackson went the distance,Read more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals