Apr 16, 2012, 8:38 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg makes his 2012 home debut tonight against the Astros.
Let's see, Stephen Strasburg has already turned in two stellar performances in his first two starts of the year, both on the road. Tonight, he makes his home debut against an Astros lineup that, while producing at a decent clip so far this season, features very few names that incite fear in opposing pitchers. Obviously, you never know what might happen on any given night at the ballpark. But the pieces are certainly in place for Strasburg to do something special.
One significant change to Davey Johnson's lineup tonight: Steve Lombardozzi is starting at second base, with Danny Espinosa taking what the manager called a "mental break." Though Espinosa has a .333 on-base percentage thanks to eight walks, he's batting only .194, and "I see him mentally pressing a little bit," Johnson said.
It's a big night for D.C. sports, with the Capitals hosting the Bruins in Game 3 of their Stanley Cup Playoffs series up the road at Verizon Center. Can't promise any hockey updates here, but I can promise plenty of updates and analysis of this ballgame…
HOUSTON ASTROS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WHFS (1580 AM), XM 188
Weather: Clear, 82 degrees, Wind 13 mph out to LF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Steve Lombardozzi
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper travels through time in new ad (VIDEO)
- Williams faces first real test as Nationals manager
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games