Apr 17, 2012, 9:04 PM EDT
Photo by Amanda Comak / Washington Times
Edwin Jackson's World Series ring arrived from St. Louis today.
A small, black box arrived at Nationals Park today and wound up in Davey Johnson's office. The Nationals manager then had the pleasure of presenting it to its true owner: Edwin Jackson, who at long last received his 2011 World Series ring.
Jackson, a member of the Cardinals' championship rotation last fall, became a free agent after the season and signed a one-year, $11 million contract with the Nationals on Feb. 1. Unable to attend the Cardinals' official ring ceremony at Busch Stadium because he had to be with his new team, Jackson had the item sent to him in Washington.
Once he got his first actual look at the 2.62-carat ring, which boasts 50 rubies and 103 diamonds, Jackson experienced a rush of emotions.
"To hold it, not only getting to look at it in pictures, to hold a piece of history in your hand, it's in your possession finally," he said. "TheRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game
- Mets could lose Murphy for rest of season
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown