Apr 17, 2012, 9:04 PM EDT
Photo by Amanda Comak / Washington Times
Edwin Jackson's World Series ring arrived from St. Louis today.
A small, black box arrived at Nationals Park today and wound up in Davey Johnson's office. The Nationals manager then had the pleasure of presenting it to its true owner: Edwin Jackson, who at long last received his 2011 World Series ring.
Jackson, a member of the Cardinals' championship rotation last fall, became a free agent after the season and signed a one-year, $11 million contract with the Nationals on Feb. 1. Unable to attend the Cardinals' official ring ceremony at Busch Stadium because he had to be with his new team, Jackson had the item sent to him in Washington.
Once he got his first actual look at the 2.62-carat ring, which boasts 50 rubies and 103 diamonds, Jackson experienced a rush of emotions.
"To hold it, not only getting to look at it in pictures, to hold a piece of history in your hand, it's in your possession finally," he said. "TheRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' 9-game win streak is "absolutely epic"
- Are Nationals finally playing to full potential? (VIDEO)
- Mo'ne Davis and company have one more chance
- Young guns bat, slide Nationals to ninth-straight win
- Matt Williams projects when Ryan Zimmerman will return
- Span tabs Nats teammate & rival to do ice bucket challenge
- Williams debates keeping streak alive or long term health
- VIDEO: Bryce Harper's hair is on fire and he plays the ukulele
- Asdrubal Cabrera fitting in with Nats in first few weeks since trade
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett will 'probably' retire after this season