Apr 17, 2012, 9:04 PM EST
Photo by Amanda Comak / Washington Times
Edwin Jackson's World Series ring arrived from St. Louis today.
A small, black box arrived at Nationals Park today and wound up in Davey Johnson's office. The Nationals manager then had the pleasure of presenting it to its true owner: Edwin Jackson, who at long last received his 2011 World Series ring.
Jackson, a member of the Cardinals' championship rotation last fall, became a free agent after the season and signed a one-year, $11 million contract with the Nationals on Feb. 1. Unable to attend the Cardinals' official ring ceremony at Busch Stadium because he had to be with his new team, Jackson had the item sent to him in Washington.
Once he got his first actual look at the 2.62-carat ring, which boasts 50 rubies and 103 diamonds, Jackson experienced a rush of emotions.
"To hold it, not only getting to look at it in pictures, to hold a piece of history in your hand, it's in your possession finally," he said. "TheRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper shows off Redskins hat en route to Super Bowl
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Gio Gonzalez be more consistent?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos