Apr 17, 2012, 9:04 PM EST
Photo by Amanda Comak / Washington Times
Edwin Jackson's World Series ring arrived from St. Louis today.
A small, black box arrived at Nationals Park today and wound up in Davey Johnson's office. The Nationals manager then had the pleasure of presenting it to its true owner: Edwin Jackson, who at long last received his 2011 World Series ring.
Jackson, a member of the Cardinals' championship rotation last fall, became a free agent after the season and signed a one-year, $11 million contract with the Nationals on Feb. 1. Unable to attend the Cardinals' official ring ceremony at Busch Stadium because he had to be with his new team, Jackson had the item sent to him in Washington.
Once he got his first actual look at the 2.62-carat ring, which boasts 50 rubies and 103 diamonds, Jackson experienced a rush of emotions.
"To hold it, not only getting to look at it in pictures, to hold a piece of history in your hand, it's in your possession finally," he said. "TheRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats