Apr 18, 2012, 9:53 PM EDT
"He threw really good," manager Davey Johnson said. "The report I got was … he had really, good, hard sink and a great curveball, which we saw in his last outing before he hurt his hammy."
Wang injured himself March 15 trying to make a play at first base, tumbling awkwardly to the ground. He opened the season on the 15-day disabled list but was able to keep his arm in shape while waiting for the hamstring strain to heal.
The plan from here for Wang is not entirely clear. Johnson said today the right-hander will begin a rehab assignment with one of the Nationals' minor-league affiliates in five days, but general manager Mike Rizzo said Monday that Wang would need to pitch in a second simulated game in Florida before heading north.
Once he does start pitching in minor-league games, Wang must come off the DL within 30 days. Whenever that day comes, the Nationals willRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Tuesday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Tuesday's early games
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals defeat Mets in triumphant return home
- Updated: Span leaves Tuesday's game with injury
- Division champ Nats come home for final week
- Zimmermann may be pushed back a day with bruised shoulder
- Zimmerman sits out vs. Mets after feeling soreness over weekend
- Around the NL East: Big offseasons ahead
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff