Apr 18, 2012, 9:53 PM EDT
"He threw really good," manager Davey Johnson said. "The report I got was … he had really, good, hard sink and a great curveball, which we saw in his last outing before he hurt his hammy."
Wang injured himself March 15 trying to make a play at first base, tumbling awkwardly to the ground. He opened the season on the 15-day disabled list but was able to keep his arm in shape while waiting for the hamstring strain to heal.
The plan from here for Wang is not entirely clear. Johnson said today the right-hander will begin a rehab assignment with one of the Nationals' minor-league affiliates in five days, but general manager Mike Rizzo said Monday that Wang would need to pitch in a second simulated game in Florida before heading north.
Once he does start pitching in minor-league games, Wang must come off the DL within 30 days. Whenever that day comes, the Nationals willRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win