Apr 20, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Jason Castro scores one of the Astros’ five runs in the sixth inning.
The high point of Davey Johnson’s day came when he revealed during his afternoon media briefing that he had discovered the reason for his scratchy throat.
He was allergic to pollen, the first time he’d ever succumbed to an allergy, he revealed. Knowing what was wrong made him feel better, he said.
The Houston Astros’ first inning made him feel worse. For the first time in their 51-year history, the Astros had three triples in an inning on the way to five runs off Edwin Jackson. Nationals pitching allowed season highs in runs and hits as Houston pounded the Nationals 11-4 before 18,045.
Rich Dubroff has the full story and reaction on CSNwashington.com.
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?
- Nats begin search for their next manager