Apr 20, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Associated Press photo
Jason Castro scores one of the Astros’ five runs in the sixth inning.
The high point of Davey Johnson’s day came when he revealed during his afternoon media briefing that he had discovered the reason for his scratchy throat.
He was allergic to pollen, the first time he’d ever succumbed to an allergy, he revealed. Knowing what was wrong made him feel better, he said.
The Houston Astros’ first inning made him feel worse. For the first time in their 51-year history, the Astros had three triples in an inning on the way to five runs off Edwin Jackson. Nationals pitching allowed season highs in runs and hits as Houston pounded the Nationals 11-4 before 18,045.
Rich Dubroff has the full story and reaction on CSNwashington.com.
NL EAST STANDINGS
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Braves at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' minor league affiliate playoff schedules released
- Fister faces Kershaw in marquee matchup
- Former Nats slugger Dunn to retire; will he finally make playoffs?
- Bovada sportsbook favors Dodgers over Nats for World Series
- Braves will start construction of new Cobb County stadium soon
- Nationals' home run barrage has been balanced
- Around the NL East: Braves still alive for playoff berth
- Span helps lift Nats past Dodgers (VIDEO)
- Nationals hold on to beat Dodgers, open big series with win
- Phillies call up top prospect for September