Apr 20, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Associated Press photo
Jason Castro scores one of the Astros’ five runs in the sixth inning.
The high point of Davey Johnson’s day came when he revealed during his afternoon media briefing that he had discovered the reason for his scratchy throat.
He was allergic to pollen, the first time he’d ever succumbed to an allergy, he revealed. Knowing what was wrong made him feel better, he said.
The Houston Astros’ first inning made him feel worse. For the first time in their 51-year history, the Astros had three triples in an inning on the way to five runs off Edwin Jackson. Nationals pitching allowed season highs in runs and hits as Houston pounded the Nationals 11-4 before 18,045.
Rich Dubroff has the full story and reaction on CSNwashington.com.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Kevin Frandsen
- Watch Werth arrive at jail in Fairfax to begin sentence
- Braves trade Hale, sign former Nats catcher
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels
- Nationals roster preview: Jose Lobaton
- 2015 outlook: Kansas City Royals
- Werth pleads guilty to reckless driving, will serve jail time
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Report: Rafael Soriano in talks with AL East club