Apr 21, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Chad Tracy is making his first start of the season today.
Nobody who wore a Nationals uniform this spring appeared in more Grapefruit League games than Chad Tracy. Only Ian Desmond and Danny Espinosa got more at-bats.
And then the season began and Tracy went from a lineup regular to a guy getting at most one at-bat per game, usually in a key spot against a tough reliever.
That's not the easiest adjustment for any player to make, let alone someone like Tracy who already faced a difficult adjustment returning to the major leagues after spending last year in Japan.
"It's been tough," he said this morning. "When your consistent at-bats aren't there any more, it tends to be a little tougher. We've been doing a lot of stuff down in the cages to try to keep those at-bats that I hadRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies could hire MLB's first female general manager
- October madness: All 4 MLB division playoff series in action
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game