Apr 21, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Ryan Zimmerman won't return until at least Tuesday with shoulder inflammation.
Updated at 5:40 p.m.
Ryan Zimmerman missed today's game and will again sit out tomorrow series finale against the Marlins with mild inflammation in his right shoulder, but the Nationals third baseman insists the injury is not serious and won't become a lingering problem.
"It's nothing," Zimmerman said following today's 3-2, 10-inning win. "It's something I could've played through. It was bugging me a little bit, and it'd go away for a couple days. I've just been diving all over the place over there."
Zimmerman was originally in Davey Johnson's starting lineup but had trouble getting loose while taking batting practice earlier today. Johnson was informed about 30 minutes before first pitch.
"Ryan felt confident about it," the manager said. "I was going to give him off tomorrow anyway. He plays hard, and I don't want to wear himRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale
- Nationals Stock Watch: Harper's heating up
- Strasburg’s poor outing continues troubling early season trend
- Strasburg's rough outing (VIDEO)
- Stephen Strasburg surrenders six in loss to Miami
- Braves fan trolls Nats with Wikipedia page entry (PHOTO)
- Strasburg looks to make it two in a row vs. Marlins
- Around the NL East: Braves rolling, Marlins reeling
- Orioles billboard spotted along D.C. line