Apr 22, 2012, 3:39 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Heavy rain forced the postponement of today's game at Nationals Park.
With rain falling all morning and no end in sight, the Nationals wasted no time postponing today's series final against the Marlins.
No makeup date was announced, but the two teams won't be sticking around to play tomorrow (a common off-day for both clubs). The Nationals are flying to San Diego this afternoon and will spend their off-day out west in advance of this week's road trip.
The game will likely be made up as part of a doubleheader later this summer. The Marlins make two more trips to Washington: Aug. 3-5 and Sept. 7-9.
Manager Davey Johnson said he won't make any changes to his rotation, so all five of his starters will now get six days of rest between outings. Gio Gonzalez, Jordan Zimmermann and Edwin Jackson willRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Still no answer for Strasburg's woes
- Strasburg rocked again during ugly 8-1 loss to Phillies
- Roark ready for Monday start in Chicago
- Strasburg tries to keep Nats rolling vs. Phillies
- Pitch, hit and run: Scherzer does it all in win
- Nats 2, Phillies 1: Harper homers, Scherzer dominates
- Roark will return to Nats' rotation with Fister out
- Scherzer tries to beat Phillies again
- Nats activate Janssen to make 2015 debut, send Solis to DL
- MLB Power Rankings: Marlins falling, Phillies rising