Apr 22, 2012, 3:39 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Heavy rain forced the postponement of today's game at Nationals Park.
With rain falling all morning and no end in sight, the Nationals wasted no time postponing today's series final against the Marlins.
No makeup date was announced, but the two teams won't be sticking around to play tomorrow (a common off-day for both clubs). The Nationals are flying to San Diego this afternoon and will spend their off-day out west in advance of this week's road trip.
The game will likely be made up as part of a doubleheader later this summer. The Marlins make two more trips to Washington: Aug. 3-5 and Sept. 7-9.
Manager Davey Johnson said he won't make any changes to his rotation, so all five of his starters will now get six days of rest between outings. Gio Gonzalez, Jordan Zimmermann and Edwin Jackson willRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing
- Wilson Ramos talks Nats' stacked rotation, personal goals
- After whirlwind debut, Treinen finds comfort zone