Apr 22, 2012, 4:39 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Ryan Zimmerman expects to return to the lineup Tuesday night in San Diego.
Ryan Zimmerman said his right shoulder felt "a lot better" this morning than it did yesterday and expressed complete confidence he'll be able to return to the Nationals' lineup Tuesday night in San Diego.
"Not that it was terrible the other day, but these next two days will be nice," he said shortly after today's game was postponed. "I really don't see any reason right now why I won't play on Tuesday."
Zimmerman was a late scratch yesterday with what the Nationals called "mild inflammation" in his right shoulder, an injury he believes was exacerbated by several diving plays he's made in the field in the last week.
There also was a headfirst leap into the plate during the eighth inning of Monday night's game against the Astros, a play Zimmerman jokingly referred to as a "fourth-and-goal pylon dive." While acknowledging that move "probably didn't help," he insisted he can't make a concertedRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'