Apr 24, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
US Presswire photo
Davey Johnson and his club play their next six games in Southern California.
Until enough games are completed this season for us to make a reasonable determination how good the Nationals really are, each week will present a new challenge and an interesting test of this club's legitimacy.
The latest test begins tonight in San Diego, with Davey Johnson's team opening a six-game, West Coast road trip that concludes Sunday in Los Angeles.
Not that these are the two toughest teams the Nationals will face this season (though the Dodgers have gotten off to a fantastic start) but trips out west have never been easy for this franchise.
Consider the Nationals' all-time record at Petco Park (8-14) and Dodger Stadium (5-15). They've won only one series at either ballpark in theirRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast
- Williams on Harper, Strasburg and more
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo on lefty reliever market (VIDEO)
- Nationals' asking price high on Storen, Clippard
- Phillies willing to trade Cole Hamels and Cliff Lee
- Nats expect McLouth to get significant playing time
- Nats believe Ramos can catch 125 games
- Nationals in no rush to acquire left-hander