Apr 25, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
The Nats look to make it two in a row today at Petco Park.
The bad news: Ryan Zimmerman is again not in the Nationals' starting lineup. The good news: He is listed on Davey Johnson's bench, so at this moment the Face of the Franchise hasn't been placed on the disabled list. I would seriously doubt Zimmerman is available to play tonight, though, because at the very least the Nationals want him to rest his ailing right shoulder for another day or two.
There's still no official word on Zimmerman's MRI results, which were expected to be revealed earlier today. As soon as anything is announced, I'll pass it along. (UPDATE: Here's the latest on Zim, in a new post.)
In the meantime, Chad Tracy (whose pinch-hit, two-run single last night propelled the Nationals to a 3-1 win) gets the nod at third base and will bat in Zimmerman's familiar No. 3 hole. Otherwise, Johnson's lineup has a typical look. Jordan Zimmermann gets the start.
As you know, I'm not in San Diego, so there won't be live updates. But as I said, check back for any news on the Zimmerman front…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN DIEGO PADRES
Where: Petco Park
Gametime: 6:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WNEW (1580 AM), XM 188
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 69 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to RF
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
3B Chad Tracy
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- After a disappointing 2015, what's next for the Nats?
- Both AL Division Series get started on Thursday
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Mark Zuckerman on a big offseason
- What was the turning point for the 2015 Nationals?
- What went wrong for the Nationals in 2015?
- Desmond posts letter to Nationals fans on Twitter
- Miami to adjust dimensions at Marlins Park
- Astros, Yankees kick off playoffs in AL Wild Card game
- Time for Nationals to find a long-term manager
- Were the Nationals patient enough with Williams as manager?