Apr 27, 2012, 11:51 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Brad Lidge has a 5.14 ERA and two blown saves in four chances this season.
The Nationals placed Brad Lidge on the 15-day disabled list with an "abdominal wall strain" this evening and replaced the struggling reliever with fellow right-hander Ryan Perry, who was recalled from Class AAA Syracuse.
Lidge, 35, had been shaky in recent outings, including a blown save Saturday against the Marlins in which he walked three batters and served up the game-tying home run to Logan Morrison. He hadn't appeared in a game since.
The veteran right-hander opened the season as one-half of manager Davey Johnson's closing duo, sharing the job with the less-experienced Henry Rodriguez while regular closer Drew Storen recovers from elbow surgery. Lidge performed well out of the gate, notching the save onRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK
- Game Thread: Nationals open series vs. Marlins
- Desperate Nationals recall OF from AAA Syracuse
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall
- Updated: Escobar leaves Nats-Padres game with injury
- Span sits to rest sore back; other Nats injury notes