Apr 29, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Tyler Moore will join the Nationals in time for today's game against the Dodgers.
Updated at 2:40 p.m.
LOS ANGELES — One day after Bryce Harper made his ballyhooed debut, the Nationals are promoting another top prospect out of necessity.
First baseman/left fielder Tyler Moore has been recalled from Class AAA Syracuse and will be available to make his big-league debut in today's series finale against the Dodgers. Moore will take the roster spot held by veteran Mark DeRosa, who is being placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique muscle.
Moore, 25, has been the Nationals' best power-hitting prospect for more than two seasons, having clubbed 31 homers at Class A Potomac in 2010 and 31 more homers at Class AA Harrisburg in 2011. He was off to another hot start this season at Syracuse, compiling seven homers in his first 22 games.
A natural first baseman, the right-handed Moore recently began seeing time in left field, evidence the Nationals were considering a promotionRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort