Game 22: Nats at Dodgers

Apr 29, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT

Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Gio Gonzalez tries to snap the Nationals' three-game losing streak today.

LOS ANGELES — Lost amid all the hoopla of last night's game is a bit of a sobering fact: The Nationals are stuck in a three-game losing streak for the first time this season, facing something of a must-win situation in today's series finale at Dodger Staidum. No, a loss today isn't the end of the world. But it would make the overnight flight home a little more enjoyable and better set the stage for an important homestand this week against the Diamondbacks and Phillies.

With lefty Chris Capuano on the mound for Los Angeles, Davey Johnson is going with a right-handed-heavy lineup. He's got only two left-handed batters among his starting eight: Adam LaRoche and … Bryce Harper. Yep, the kid will make his second start, and this time he'll be in center field.

Tyler Moore, meanwhile, has arrived at the stadium after flying in from Syracuse and will be available to make his big-league debut off the bench. Gio Gonzalez, who hasn't surrendered a run in any of his last three starts, gets the nod for the Nationals.

Plenty of updates and analysis to come live from Chavez Ravine, so please check back often…

WASHINGTON NATIONALS at LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium
Gametime: 4:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 189
Weather: Sunny, 69 degrees, Wind 8 mph out to CF

SS Ian Desmond
3B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Jayson Werth 2B Danny Espinosa
1B Adam LaRoche

1. MicheleS - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Wow Center Field? Hmm.. we may have a new ARM!Mark, so glad you are there!

2. NatsJack in Florida - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Off topic but the chorus of booo's got pretty loud in Marlins Park as they fall behind by 8-0.

3. MicheleS - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:10 PM

NJ.. That is GREAT TO HEAR!!!!

4. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Wonder how Ramos's shoulder is

5. Candide - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Seems like none of the teams that were going to make the Nats' lives miserable this season – Brave, Phils, Marlins – are setting the world on fire. Could be that bringing up Harper and now Moore is Rizzo's way of telling us he reads Shakespeare:There is a tide in the affairs of men.Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;Omitted, all the voyage of their lifeIs bound in shallows and in miseries.On such a full sea are we now afloat,And we must take the current when it serves,Or lose our ventures.

6. Steady Eddie - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Against a LHP is when the absence of RZim and the Beast becomes most painful. Then, and against everyone else.Looking' forward to seeing a little of that Mississippi muscle coming off the bench!

7. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:31 PM

or perhaps he listens to The CallWhat's happened to you You used to look so tiredNow there's a spring in your stepAnd your words are on fireDid you hear some great secretDid the words ring of truthDid you rise from the ashesWhat's happened to you

8. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Maybe just a course adjustment as the best laid plans of Nats and Men at the start of the season did not provide the offense oft hoped for.

9. NatsJack in Florida - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:33 PM

So Ozzie pulls his second double switch bringing in Chad Gaudin to pitch and Donnie Murphy to replace some guy named Jose Reyes at shortstop. But on a good note the Fish finally got their 1st hit. Still 8-0 bottom of the 7th. And the crowd is doing the wave.

10. natsfan1a - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Here's to a happy trip back to DC. Go, NATS!!

11. NatsJim - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Seriously hope Werth is just getting a day off, we can't afford to lose anyone else.

12. MicheleS - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Umm.. This lineup change is a bit scary. Mark, I hope they are just giving Werth the day off

13. carolync - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Could be interesting. Like I said before, I think Moore played all of 4 games in LF in Syracuse. Did something happen to Werth? Vertigo perhaps? Need to do yard work on this beautiful day but wouldn't miss this for the world.Good luck, Gio!

14. MicheleS - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM

From Kilgore:When asked about the play this morning, Hairston smiled as if he knew he had gotten away with something. But he argued the play was clean. “I have a right to home plate,” Hairston said. “His glove ran into my hand. I have every right to home plate. I tried to go aggressively hard at home plate. I got a right to home plate. My job is to get my hand at home. When you go hard, stuff happens. But I have every right to go to home plate.” Ramos said he would have held on to the ball if not for Hairston’s swipe. He believed Hairston had intentionally swatted the ball while in his glove, and also tried to swat it away once it rolled on the dirt. “I think so,” Hairston said. “With his hand, he touched my glove. And after that, he tried to hit the ball.”

15. NatsJack in Florida - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Now I'm listening to the booo's at Citizens Bank Park where the Phillies are down 5-0 in the 8th.

16. Sunshine_Bobby_Carpenter_Is_Too_Pessimistic_For_Me - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Espi hitting third? Oh, joy.

17. MicheleS - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:52 PM

NJ.. can you switch over to the Braves game? Want them to lose too! ;-)

18. Sunshine_Bobby_Carpenter_Is_Too_Pessimistic_For_Me - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Hairston's play was heads-up, hard-nosed and perfectly legal. Ramos has to learn to put his bare hand on the ball at that point to avoid from getting it jarred out. And don't even get me started on how Ramos handled MPH Rod in the ninth.I love the Moose, love his bat and his energy, but he has tons of work to do before he is a reliable receiver. I miss Pudge.

19. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Peric said (earlier today): Moore is a first baseman 222. Not an outfielder. Moore is a bench player.His average is Derosa like.

20. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Sunshine: I agree re: Hairston's play 100%..good work!

21. Section 222 - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Holy cow. Moore in LF after playing a doubleheader yesterday and a seven hour flight to LA. Good luck kid. Harper's now the veteran. Our No. 1 stopper couldn't overcome the bad bullpen and weak production from our lineup yesterday. Let's see if our No. 2 stopper can. If not, the No. 3 stopper will be up on Tuesday back home.

22. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Jason Werth = Wally Pipp at least for today

23. Section 222 - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Sunshine, at least Espi will be hitting right handed today….

24. Sunderland - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Sunshine Bobby – Completely agree on both points. Hairston got HBP, and it hurt. And he didn't charge the mound or glare or bark or nothing. He inflicted pain inreturn the best way a ballplayer can, on the scoreboard.

25. Section 222 - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Oh, and I'm with you about Ramos, particularly his inability to hold on to throws from the outfield. He tried to catch the one a few days ago with one hand.

26. MicheleS - Apr 29, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Sunshie, agree on the handling of HRod. I miss pudge too and wish we could get him as a coach. Just giving some perspective on the Hairston call from last night. The one question that I have is this: Was Ramos hurt? He seem to take that hit to the shoulder pretty hard.

27. realdealnats - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Candide–Always love hearing Willie the Shake, but Davey better read the end of the play b/c Brutus who utters these wise words in his tent at Sardis, overruling Cassius' advice to hold the high ground, proceeds to lead their legions down from the height to the plain of Phillipi where he panics midst battle and orders Cassius to engage his reinforcements too early! The results aren't good.But Brutus is no Davey Johnson, and lucky for us. GYFNG

28. Dave - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I hope Nady can do something today. He hasn't been that productive lately, has he?

29. Will - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Hell, just put Werth and LaRoche on the DL too, and we can start the 2011-2012 Syracuse roster. They probably wouldn't be any worse than the team so far.

30. Sunshine_Bobby_Carpenter_Is_Too_Pessimistic_For_Me - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:05 PM

@MicheleS: I think he might be a little nicked. As I recall, he also took a pitch or a foul tip off the shoulder, perhaps in the ninth. By that time, my nerves had tightened so badly, my eyes were 80 percent shut so I wasn't see very well. And, no, it wasn't the bourbon and Maalox.I know this is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too much to ask, and I really am loving our start, but would a 5-1 game be too much to ask?

31. UnkyD - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:06 PM

A few thoughts, on yesterday's game:I got to watch!!! Hooked up with an old bestie, and had a terrific time (even with the hour long drive home, afterwards). Great to see The Kid get off to a great start! Good eye (did he swing and miss… at all?!), decent contact, GREAT throw to Ramos, and I loved the lingering shot of him, early on, soaking the whole thing in, befor the start of an inning..,Stras, was OPPRESSIVE!  I already find myself reminding that, his normal start is truly special, every time out. Trying hard, not to take him for granted…Love the Moose, but we've seen these plays bobbled before…catch it, cover it up, and make the tag. Don't let the runner job you like that. Very timely RBI, though. NatsJack … Should he be back handing as much, to his glove side as he does? I'm ignorant, but it seems like he could make a much better backstop out of his mitt, by staying behind the ball, with it…And finally, I hope Davey sends Henry out there for the next 3-4 high pressure  save opps on a row!!! He's prolly spent the last few years getting yanked, after a few wild minnits…. Maybe if he knows Davey is behind him, he'll start to find the focus he needs to get out of those jams. Last night was the first time he's pooped himself this year… Not only that, it's the first time anybody's made solid contact! Chin up, Henry!!! Come out and smoke them, today!!!! And the only bone I'll pick with Davey… Shoulda walked Kemp. I agree with wanting Gorzy to pitch two + innings, or until we get a lead, but every once in a while, it's okay to walk the LO batter…Go Get 'Em, Gio!!!!!!!'

32. Sunderland - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Hey, I just thought of something, apologize if this has been brought up before. 3+ years ago, we signed Smiley Gonzalez, and it turned into a low point for the Nats. And of course, we later found out that Smiley Gonzalez was really Carlos Alvarez Daniel Lugo.But today, taking the mound is the real, the one and only, Smiley Gonzalez. It took time, some pain, some frustration, but we have our real Smiley Gonzalez.

33. MicheleS - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Umm.. you guys realize we are still in first place?But yes Sunshine, I would love a 5-1 Game and I am sure Gio would love to as well.

34. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:08 PM

35. Fear and Ignorance - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Orioles Magic…yeah baby!!!

36. waddu eye no - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:08 PM

If candide weren't real, it would be necessary to invent him.

37. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:09 PM

O's just scored 5 in the 9th..win 5 – 2

38. MicheleS - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I have a feeling that once we have all the people off the DL and anyone that SHOULD be in the minors is actually there, I have a feeling that Nady would be the first one to go.And Adam is getting a dose of what Werth had to deal with last year.. It's Adam and the Kids!!!GYFNG!

39. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:13 PM

When is Tyler Moore bobble-head day ?

40. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Lombo for leadoff. He actually takes pitches

41. Section 222 - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:18 PM

So Desmond's slash line for the year is down to .250/.287/.364, and .125/.182/.225 in the last 10 games. How long do you leave him in the leadoff spot? Discuss.

42. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Move him down when Werth and Zimm are back in town.

43. NatsNut - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM

@222, yea I just looked. Desmond is 2-for-California.

44. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM

222: Until Peric says different…but who else do you put in there? Werth? Has a great eye and gets on base…good base runner.

45. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Like how the dodger leadoff doesn't swing at pitches outside and low

46. NatsNut - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM

HA! Great observation Sunderland. Can't believe we hadn't thought of this before!Sunderland said…It took time, some pain, some frustration, but we have our real Smiley Gonzalez.

47. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Lombo leads off and plays 2nd. Espi back to AAA to learn discipline

48. Section 222 - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Anyone have any idea what the "manager's decision" was all about? Werth doesn't seem like the type to miss curfew or cuss out the manager.

49. Dave - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Et tu, Gio?Somebody probably explained it already, but what's up with that brown smudge on Kemp's left shoulder? Always there.

50. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Anyone have any idea what the "manager's decision" was all about?Maybe he wanted to let Moore play..could it be that innocent?

51. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Lombo, Harpo,Zimmo, LaRo, Morso, Werth, Desmo, RamoGroucho and Zeppo on the bench

52. MicheleS - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I love me some GIO! Isn't it nice to see Kemp and Ethier swing and miss!

53. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:28 PM

It's TIME for TYM

54. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:28 PM

GIO Hits the MARX

55. Section 222 - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Maybe he wanted to let Moore play..could it be that innocent?Doubt it. Then why Nady in RF instead of Werth?

56. Fear and Ignorance - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Joe Seamhead said… Fear and Ignorance, You are just flat out wrong about LF not being hard to play. A left hander has the same slice on the ball to LF that a right hander has on on late swings to RF. Granted, it's the easiest outfield position because you don't have to make the long throw that a RF'er has to. One can learn to play an okay left field, but like any of the outfield positions, the great players are born with a radar that isn't a learned thing. They just "know" where the ball is going from the crack of the bat. Josh Willingham can play left from now until the cows come home and he will still suck.And trust me, the ball has a way of "finding" the inexperienced outfielder. Ask Cristian Guzman. I've also seen more then a couple of guys hurt their arms from making the long throw that they aren't used to. It always amazes me how people that have never played the game think that anybody can play the OF. Tyler Moore is a professional baseball player and in good shape. I am sure he can handle the routine plays just fine. He doesn't have to be a gold glover in LF. I was a pitcher through my freshman year of college and have had to play left field in several summer league games. It is not that hard to be average out there. Do you really think Nady and DeRosa are saving us runs out there. Give me a break.

57. MicheleS - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:31 PM

222, because Moore hasn't played Right (only LF in minors)? Has Werth had a day off yet? Maybe it is that simple. I realize we are used to questioning everything (with cause), so Werth could be having major surgery at this point ;-)

58. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Nady and DeRosa are saving us runs…but not on defense

59. NatsNut - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:33 PM

It's Werth's hip. I just know it.

60. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:38 PM

How much worse is Moore gonna be than Nady? Morse? The plan at the beginning fo the year was to have Werth, Morse and Harper in the OF…that is a well below average OF defensively..the idea is they would be able to HIT

61. djinFl. - Apr 29, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Scully reported that Werth was not swinging the bat well in BP so Davy decided to rest him.Got the short end from MLB extra innings. The game is on two channels, with Dodgers broadcast on both. Scully, you have already these stories this weekend.

62. Fear and Ignorance - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Great AB Danny…I see Syracuse in your future.

63. Candide - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Espinosa is really starting to disappoint me.

64. Exposremains - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:11 PM

The Nady story was beautiful but he's becoming Matt Stairs. I think if they were not so many injuries you might see Espinosa in AAA. Capuano is really not that good.

65. Will - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Why don't the Nats sign Bobby Abreu? He's got to be better than the garbage we've been trotting out there day after day (DeRosa, Nady, Tracy, Bernadina, etc).

66. John - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM

If Espinosa and Nady were producing quality at-bats, it would at least be bearable, but alas…

67. DHamm - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:13 PM

@ Dave: I think F.P. said the brown smudge on Kemp's shoulder is pine tar.

68. MicheleS - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Anybody else's heart just stop? Thankfully Gio is okay.

69. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:16 PM

good lord that kid is unrealis the fence ok?

70. Section 222 - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:17 PM

My heart stopped a second time on that Harper catch. Wow!!

71. MicheleS - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Sunshine, I think you need to add a defibrolater to the Bourbon and Maalox.

72. Dave - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Okay, do we think Bryce can play CF? Holy crap! Stole a double, tried to go for a DP!

73. Section 222 - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Scully reported that Werth was not swinging the bat well in BP so Davy decided to rest him.Typical that Scully would have, and convey, info that our own announcers don't have.

74. Candide - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Strange route he took to the ball, but gutsy catch and heads-up on the throw to first.

75. Section 222 - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Nice peg to first too. "The Arm, Jr."?

76. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM

jesus kid land with your knees bent

77. Dave - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM

@DHamm, I figured it was pine tar, but how's it get there? He doesn't rest the bat there, hitting RH. I don't get it.

78. Candide - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:22 PM

79. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:23 PM

balk? reloaded with his foot

80. DWS - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Bryce is impressing. Did I miss the Moore hit?

81. Section 222 - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Scully commenting on the success of the Dodgers' starters in this series: "No major league team is an off day for a pitcher. They still have to work hard. But Washington, at least for the moment, is not much of an offensive threat."

82. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:27 PM

DWS: He fisted one to right..love the hat..for a throwback they should wear the expos uni

83. Section 222 - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Moore and Harper have 2 hits in about 7 ABs so far. Nady, DeRosa, and Tracy have 13 hits in 111 ABs.

84. Dave - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:30 PM

@222, I gotta say, Scully sure seems to be right about Nats offense today.

85. natscan reduxit - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:39 PM

… look. I have no doubt that JWerth and all the others have every desire to get the job done. But I alo expect that when pressed, they look at the 'big picture', aka it's a long season and the hits will come in due course…. trouble is, as someone here noted a week or so ago, fans have a job to do too, and we are doing our job by expecting more production from the plate. We are doing our job by maintaining a vision of October baseball in DC. As fans we don't have the luxury of 'taking it one game at a time' when our game is one entire season…. I think Davey J sees it our way too. Werth sits today; Tyler M is up and at 'em. Sometimes, if you wait until the hits come along, they keep on coming, and going, and miss you altogether…. we can't negate injuries, of which we have had far too many already. But we can expect more from the guys who are paid to do the job.Go Nats!!

86. MicheleS - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Yea! Danny took a walk!

87. phil dunton - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM

This total lack of offense game after game is painful to watch.

88. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Fell asleep…too much offense…too few WB Mason commercials

89. DWS - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Scott from Burke..that's my grandson and how his father found that cap is beyond me, I have to get him a Curly W cap.I agree on the throw back unis, would make a lot of old fans very happy.

90. natscan reduxit - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM

DWS,… by all means, get him a Curly W cap. But don't ever lose the Curly M.Go Nats!!

91. DWS - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Watching on MLB.TV, no commercials to keep me awake. Careful of Mr. Kemp.

92. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM

throwback caps are easy to find..plenty of malls have stores that sell only baseball caps..reminds me of the SNL skit about the store that sells only scotch tape..the old brewers hats…blue jays…O's…astros…they are fun to look at

93. Fear and Ignorance - Apr 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Say good bye to 1st Place. We will not see it again this year. This is a .500 team on the way to 4th place.

94. mick - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I really think Rizzo and Davey should think about sitting Morse out and maybe Zim to heal a 100%, if that means all year, fine. Play Harper, Moore, bring up Brown and let go of the GARBAGE they have now and then we can compete in 2013 for real. Hell, if Rendon is ready in 2013 go with him and let Espinoza go. this team SUCKS at hitting

95. NatsNut - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

SCORE YFN SCORE!!

96. Section 222 - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

At least Cy Young candidate Capuano is at 92 pitches, and probably done for the day even though they didn't have to pinch hit for him. The new guys are going to have to do some damage this inning. The rest of our lineup is asleep.

97. mick - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM

pathetic!! do these clowns have any pride at all?

98. DWS - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM

http://youtu.be/KuStsFW4EmQNot tech savvy but worth a look F+I, also I'll guarantee the Nats will have more wins than the O's.

99. Section 222 - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Ankiel is on deck to PH vs. a LHP? Werth must be really hurt.

100. mick - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM

let me guess, someone out there will say, every pitcher we face is a CY Young winner

101. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Donald Sutherland is great..an Expos fan

102. jeffwx - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Well..I'm glad to see us practicing our sac fly swings…may come in handy someday.

103. mick - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Harper and Moore are going to be exciting. Harper has an arm like Dave Parker and a bat like Mantle

104. Exposremains - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM

espinosa and desmond in a contest of who can have the worst at bats

105. John - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I wish it had rained in L.A. the entire weekend.

106. mick - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Desmond may also be a bust, but, I would keep him around a little longer. The future of this team is as follows, for what's worth:1) Harper2) Moore3) Brown4) Rendon5) Zim6) Morse7) Werth8) Ramos9) Lombo10) LaRouche11) Flores I am sure there 1-2 other studs I'm missingthe garbage that must be gone by 2013 are:BernadinaNadyDeRosaTracyEspinozaAnkielDesmond is almost on the garbage heap

107. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM

wonder what werth was saying there?

108. John - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Evidently, Vlady Guerrero is working out with the D-backs. Hey, why not come full circle and sign with the Nats? Have bat, will travel.

109. mick - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Nady you can't suck enough!

110. Exposremains - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:48 PM

please no more Nady

111. Scott from Burke - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM

someone please post what johnson says about Werth..and if werth says anything..thanks

112. mick - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Flores just has the look of a LOSER. Harper at age 19 has more confidence than the majority of stiffs on this team

113. mick - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:58 PM

omg, is Werth injured too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!

114. mick - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:58 PM

IS DC cursed or what? This is riduculous!

115. natscan reduxit - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:59 PM

… one more freedom that fans enjoy is the one which lets us cry about skies falling, when the reality is nowhere near that bad.Go Nats!!

116. mick - Apr 29, 2012 at 10:59 PM

natscan… it is bad, we can't hit period

117. mick - Apr 29, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Welcome to the same old same ol gang, my son may win his bet after all that the O's finish with a better record than Nats.

118. mick - Apr 29, 2012 at 11:03 PM

what is Mark's instant analysis? I mean what is there to say… excellent job by Gio and Stammen and with the exception of Harper we may have one of the worst hitting teams in MLB history

119. FS=Faraz Shaikh - Apr 29, 2012 at 11:06 PM

excruciating loss. all sorts of streaks came to an end. harder part of schedule begins, without our best players. this is gonna be intense.out of all struggling hitters, I am worried most about Danny. He has not done anything. His outs are killing us big time, very unproductive. They are not groundouts or flyouts that advance runners or give him a chance of beating out a grounder or making fielders an error. I don't think he struggled this bad in the second half last season.

120. Mickey Vernon - Apr 29, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Gee, I can't wait for mick to comment. His comments are so . . . frequent.

121. Section 3, My PFB Hitterish Sofa - Apr 30, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I would just like to point out that I am not Mick. That is all.