Apr 30, 2012, 1:50 AM EST
US Presswire photo
Rookie Tyler Moore recorded one of the Nationals' four hits on Sunday.
LOS ANGELES — Bryce Harper strode to the plate late this afternoon, the shadows starting to creep onto the emerald green field at Dodger Stadium, and surveyed the situation.
Top of the ninth. Two outs. Man on first. His team trailing 2-0. A hard-throwing right-hander on the mound.
A home run, you know, would've tied the game.
"I was thinking the same thing," Harper said. "I wanted to hit a bomb, for sure."
What does this say about the state of the Nationals' lineup? Their best hope is for a 19-year-old with less than 24 hours of big-leagueRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nationals in no rush to acquire left-hander
- Rizzo talks up Espinosa amid trade rumors
- Report: Phillies willing to trade All-Star Dominic Brown
- Long-time Nats nemesis Halladay retires
- La Russa, Cox, Torre elected to Hall of Fame
- Lefties on agenda as Winter Meetings begin
- Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal
- Could Michael Morse return to the National League?
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings