Apr 30, 2012, 1:50 AM EST
US Presswire photo
Rookie Tyler Moore recorded one of the Nationals' four hits on Sunday.
LOS ANGELES — Bryce Harper strode to the plate late this afternoon, the shadows starting to creep onto the emerald green field at Dodger Stadium, and surveyed the situation.
Top of the ninth. Two outs. Man on first. His team trailing 2-0. A hard-throwing right-hander on the mound.
A home run, you know, would've tied the game.
"I was thinking the same thing," Harper said. "I wanted to hit a bomb, for sure."
What does this say about the state of the Nationals' lineup? Their best hope is for a 19-year-old with less than 24 hours of big-leagueRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast