Apr 30, 2012, 12:24 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jayson Werth was a late scratch from today's game due to severe migraines.
LOS ANGELES — Already playing without their regular No. 3 and No. 4 hitters, the Nationals lost their No. 5 hitter before today's series finale when Jayson Werth reported to Dodger Stadium with what manager Davey Johnson called "severe migraines."
Werth said he felt fine when he woke up in his hotel room but was in considerable pain upon arriving at the ballpark about three hours before first pitch.
"When I told the doctor my symptoms, he said that it was a classic migraine," the veteran outfielder said. "It's surprising. I was fine when I woke up. As soon as I got here, I didn't feel so hot."
Werth did say he progressed somewhat as the day advanced, and by the seventh inning he was in uniform and in the dugout in case JohnsonRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:35 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- The Nationals offense gets significantly quieter after blowout wins
- Gonzalez sees progress in latest start for Nats
- Nationals Stock Watch: Cabrera looking like a smart acquisition
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies
- LaRoche gets rare night off with tight back
- Gonzalez faces Hamels in showdown of southpaws
- Nats' Triple-A affiliate Syracuse raking in postseason awards
- A primer on postseason roster eligibility rules
- Around the NL East: Stanton making strong push for NL MVP