Apr 30, 2012, 12:24 AM EST
US Presswire photo
Jayson Werth was a late scratch from today's game due to severe migraines.
LOS ANGELES — Already playing without their regular No. 3 and No. 4 hitters, the Nationals lost their No. 5 hitter before today's series finale when Jayson Werth reported to Dodger Stadium with what manager Davey Johnson called "severe migraines."
Werth said he felt fine when he woke up in his hotel room but was in considerable pain upon arriving at the ballpark about three hours before first pitch.
"When I told the doctor my symptoms, he said that it was a classic migraine," the veteran outfielder said. "It's surprising. I was fine when I woke up. As soon as I got here, I didn't feel so hot."
Werth did say he progressed somewhat as the day advanced, and by the seventh inning he was in uniform and in the dugout in case JohnsonRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Can Ben Revere fill void left by Span?