May 2, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats hope to end their five-game losing streak tonight.
Desperate to put an end to this offensive funk before it really gets out of control, the Nationals can only hope things pick up tonight against Diamondbacks lefty Joe Saunders. Unfortunately, the Springfield, Va., native currently leads the NL with a 0.90 ERA.
As was the case Sunday against Dodgers left-hander Chris Capuano, Bryce Harper will be in the starting lineup (in center field again). Unlike that game in L.A., Tyler Moore will not start. Instead, it'll be Xavier Nady (batting .130) in left field.
For those who missed Davey Johnson's explanation yesterday of how he intends to use Moore … "Unless somebody has a little injury, I'll probably just use him off the bench, probably pinch-hitting. I liked what I saw. They were pitching us in, he was the only guy in our lineup that got the head out and hit one nine miles foul. I like that. But there's a lot of players ahead of him that need to play. We need to get Nady going. I still have a lot of confidence in him."
Edwin Jackson is on the mound for the Nationals. Plenty of updates and analysis to come…
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WNEW (1580 AM), XM 186
Weather: Partly cloudy, 76 degrees, Wind 7 mph RF to LF
SS Ian Desmond
3B Steve Lombardozzi
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Slumping Nats already 7 games back in NL East
- Bats silent in 8-0 Marlins win over Washington
- Thumb swollen, Scherzer can't throw in bullpen
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times