May 2, 2012, 1:44 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Jordan Zimmermann gave up a season-high three earned runs.
Game in a nutshell: Bryce Harper's home debut neither brought out the fans (official paid attendance was a disappointing 22,675) nor brought the Nationals' lineup out of his ever-growing funk. Shut out by Diamondbacks starter Trevor Cahill until the eighth inning, the Nats continued their recent run of tepid performances at the plate. Harper did hit the ball hard twice but was victimized by some well-positioned Arizona infielders and wound up 0-for-3. He also fired a perfect, 300-foot strike to the plate but just narrowly missed nailing John McDonald. Losers of five straight now, the Nationals are now 14-9.
Hitting lowlight: Pretty much everyone in the lineup qualifies for this. The Nationals are doing nothing at the plate these days. Zilch. Zero. Nada. The worst moment of the night, though, came in the bottom of the sixth. With a potential rally actually in the works after Ian Desmond and Steve Lombardozzi singled, Rick Ankiel (plugged into the No. 3Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Can dramatic win be a momentum changer?
- Taylor ends it in the 10th with a walk-off 3-run HR
- Barrett has Tommy John surgery, out 12 months
- Taylor has MRI on bruised knee, expects to be back soon
- Roark on the mound as Nats look to continue dominance of Braves
- MLB Power Rankings: Braves sink to the bottom
- Blowout sets Zimmermann up nicely to face Mets
- Bryce Harper makes history without one swing
- Nats knock Braves out of the park in 15-1 pummeling
- Harper returns to Nats lineup, Taylor still hurting