May 2, 2012, 9:46 PM EDT
Strasburg, who went 2-0 with a 1.13 ERA, 34 strikeouts and six walks in five starts, won the award on the votes of media members who regularly cover NL clubs.
The 23-year-old has been credited with a quality start each time he's taken the mound this season and has been charged with zero or one earned run in four of those five starts.
His 1.13 ERA ranks second in the NL at the moment (trailing only the Diamondbacks' Joe Saunders, who carries a 0.90 ERA into tonight's game against the Nationals) and his 34 strikeouts are tied forRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him
- Rendon seeking 3rd opinion on injured knee
- Mark Zuckerman joins STL to talk about Nats' injury problems
- Janssen unlikely for opener with shoulder tendinitis
- Knee injury concerns go next level for Anthony Rendon
- Nats sign veteran outfielder recently cut by Marlins
- Nats trade lefty reliever to Mets for veteran outfielder
- Storen leaves game with blister on big toe