May 2, 2012, 9:46 PM EDT
Strasburg, who went 2-0 with a 1.13 ERA, 34 strikeouts and six walks in five starts, won the award on the votes of media members who regularly cover NL clubs.
The 23-year-old has been credited with a quality start each time he's taken the mound this season and has been charged with zero or one earned run in four of those five starts.
His 1.13 ERA ranks second in the NL at the moment (trailing only the Diamondbacks' Joe Saunders, who carries a 0.90 ERA into tonight's game against the Nationals) and his 34 strikeouts are tied forRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals
- Nationals respond to Williams' challenge, beat Cards
- Nats strike early on Wacha, beat Cardinals 3-1
- Span to join Nats on Saturday after second rehab game
- Ramos takes first swings since breaking left hand
- Denard Span on track to return to Nats this weekend