May 3, 2012, 7:34 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats, with Bryce Harper hitting third, try to make it two in a row tonight.
Well, Davey Johnson said it was probably time to move Bryce Harper up in the lineup, and he wasn't kidding. Check out tonight's batting order … yep, the kid is hitting third for the Nationals. In the fifth game of his career. At age 19. On a first-place club.
Honestly, it makes perfect sense. With Ryan Zimmerman out, Johnson doesn't have any real viable options to bat third. He's been using everyone from Danny Espinosa to Rick Ankiel to Chad Tracy. And not wanting to screw around with his 4-5 combo of Adam LaRoche and Jayson Werth, it only makes sense to bump Harper all the way up to the 3-hole.
As for tonight's game in general, Ross Detwiler looks to bounce back from the first semi-ragged start of his season. He and the Nationals face a stiff challenge in Ian Kennedy, a 21-game winner last year and already 3-0 this year.
Plenty of updates to come, so please check back…
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Partly cloudy, 80 degrees, Wind 5 mph RF to LF
SS Ian Desmond
3B Steve Lombardozzi
LF Bryce Harper
1B Adam LaRocheRF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Significant moment No. 4: Ryan Zimmerman tears his hamstring
- Significant moment No. 5: The kids step up
- Nationals sign Uggla to minor-league deal
- Significant moment No. 6: Nats win 10 in a row
- Jimmy Rollins: Phillies have missed Werth since he signed with Nats
- Significant moment No. 7: Williams benches Harper
- Significant moment No. 8: Span breaks hit record
- Nats sign veteran infielder Stewart to minor deal
- Ex-Nats pitcher Haren really doesn't want to pitch for the Marlins
- Significant moment No. 9: Soriano out, Storen in