May 5, 2012, 4:21 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Gio Gonzalez looks to pitch the first-place Nationals to another win today.
Little known fact No. 1: The Nationals have won six consecutive games against the Phillies, and 10 of their last 12 head-to-head encounters, dating back to last year. Little known fact No. 2: The Nats have won 12 consecutive one-run games at Nationals Park, dating back to last year.
Can they keep both streak alive this afternoon? It all starts with Gio Gonzalez, a one-time Phillies farmhand who will face his old organization for the first time. The left-hander seeks his third win of the season, and seeks to keep his ERA under 2.00 with another strong outing.
Gonzalez could certainly benefit from some run support. Davey Johnson is fielding the same lineup he scribbled out last night, the only change coming behind the plate (Wilson Ramos, last night's hero, will start and bat eighth). One other thing to keep in mind: Henry Rodriguez has pitched the last three nights. You wouldn't think he's available today, but Johnson tried to suggest he'd use his closer as long as Rodriguez doesn't ask out. We'll see.
Plenty of updates to come…
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WNEW (1580 AM), XM 184
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 76 degrees, Wind 8 mph in from CF
SS Ian Desmond
3B Steve Lombardozzi
LF Bryce Harper
RF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Braves fear both Medlen and Beachy need Tommy John
- Nats' Jordan takes on fearsome Tigers lineup
- Mets Wheeler admits it's hard not to think about 2015
- The Baseball Show: How good will Bryce Harper be in 2014?
- Podcast: Baseball in The District - Sammy Solis talks spring
- Harper, Detwiler lead Nationals against Mets
- Purke, Taylor among latest round of Nats cuts
- Has Jimmy Rollins been benched in Philly?
- Roark gives up 3 runs in Nats loss
- Nationals split up to face Astros, Braves