May 6, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Chad Tracy and Danny Espinosa have swung hot bats the last two days.
With their regular Nos. 3, 4 and 5 all sidelined due to injury at the moment, who would have imagined the Nationals' most substantial offensive production the last two days would come from the likes of Chad Tracy, Danny Espinosa and Rick Ankiel?
Well, Davey Johnson, for one.
The Nationals manager has been insisting all week those three hitters were due to get on track, which explains in part why all three have been in the lineup the last two days.
They all made Johnson's decision pay off.
Tracy, subbing for injured first baseman Adam LaRoche, is 5-for-9 with two homers so far in this series against the Phillies. The 31-year-oldRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent
- Braves hire new hitting coach away from Blue Jays
- Nationals roster review: Jordan Zimmermann
- Nats' prospect Tony Renda selected for AFL showcase