May 6, 2012, 11:48 PM EST
US Presswire file photo
Adam LaRoche and Ryan Zimmerman could both return to the lineup Tuesday.
The Nationals expect to get not one, but two significant boosts to their lineup Tuesday night, with both Ryan Zimmerman and Adam LaRoche likely to return from injuries for the start of a road series in Pittsburgh.
Zimmerman took a full round of batting practice today for the first time since he was sidelined by right shoulder inflammation on April 21 and came away confident he's ready to go.
"I felt good," the third baseman said. "I was hitting like I would in a game."
Zimmerman was actually eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list today, but the Nationals didn't want to risk activating him before seeing how his shoulder responded to the BP session. He'll hit again tomorrow (an off-day for the club) and then travel with his teammates toRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing
- Wilson Ramos talks Nats' stacked rotation, personal goals
- After whirlwind debut, Treinen finds comfort zone
- Desmond arrives in Viera, now what about his future with Nats?
- Nats' Zimmerman on getting adjusted to first base