May 14, 2012, 7:35 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to bounce back from yesterday's crushing loss if the rain holds off.
After waiting out a 3-hour, 36-minute rain delay yesterday in Cincinnati, the last thing the Nationals want to do right now is sit through another long night of precipitation. Unfortunately, that may well be the case. Though it's not currently raining at Nationals Park, the tarp has been on standby-mode all afternoon, and the forecast is not promising.
Equally unfortunate is the fact this series is only two games, concluding tomorrow with a 1:05 p.m. getaway game against the Padres, who don't make another trip to D.C. If they have to, they'll try to play two tomorrow. But before they make that concession, they'll try everything they can to play tonight.
If and when they do get underway, Ross Detwiler will be on the mound for the Nationals, looking to get his team back on the winning track (and perhaps back into first place) after yesterday's crushing loss.
Plenty of updates — game and weather — to come, so please check back…
SAN DIEGO PADRES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Rain, 68 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to LF
SS Ian Desmond
LF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1