May 14, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to bounce back from yesterday's crushing loss if the rain holds off.
After waiting out a 3-hour, 36-minute rain delay yesterday in Cincinnati, the last thing the Nationals want to do right now is sit through another long night of precipitation. Unfortunately, that may well be the case. Though it's not currently raining at Nationals Park, the tarp has been on standby-mode all afternoon, and the forecast is not promising.
Equally unfortunate is the fact this series is only two games, concluding tomorrow with a 1:05 p.m. getaway game against the Padres, who don't make another trip to D.C. If they have to, they'll try to play two tomorrow. But before they make that concession, they'll try everything they can to play tonight.
If and when they do get underway, Ross Detwiler will be on the mound for the Nationals, looking to get his team back on the winning track (and perhaps back into first place) after yesterday's crushing loss.
Plenty of updates — game and weather — to come, so please check back…
SAN DIEGO PADRES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Rain, 68 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to LF
SS Ian Desmond
LF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rizzo not looking for outside help despite injuries
- Reliever Janssen needs MRI on shoulder
- Miami Marlins name Opening Day starter
- Nats and Marlins starters meet in tune-up
- Uggla hoping for starting job, not bench role with Nats
- AL East team scouting Phillies' Jonathan Papelbon
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order