May 14, 2012, 10:39 PM EDT
Morse, out since Opening Day with an injury to his right lat muscle, will begin baseball activities tomorrow, including "dry swings" without a ball. The left fielder will start playing catch and plans to head to extended spring training in Viera, Fla., next week while the Nationals are on the road to continue his rehab.
At this point, Morse is shooting for a full return on June 8, when he could serve as designated hitter for back-to-back interleague series at Boston and Toronto.
"That would give him about a month before he'd have to throw from the outfield," manager Davey Johnson said. "Hopefully that injury would be healed and he's throwing well enough in the next three weeks to hit and then being able to play."
Wang, meanwhile, made another rehab start (his fourth overall) today for Class AAA Syracuse, pitching into the ninth inning. The veteranRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?