May 16, 2012, 9:42 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
Chien-Ming Wang is close to returning to the Nationals' rotation.
Rehabbing right-hander Chien-Ming Wang threw a bullpen session in front of Nationals coaches today and declared himself ready to rejoin the big-league staff now, though he'll defer to the club's plan to have him make at least one more start for Class AAA Syracuse.
"I'm ready," Wang said through interpreter John Hsu. "But I need to follow the direction from the team."
Out since mid-March with a pulled hamstring, Wang has made four rehab starts at three levels of the Nationals' farm system, capped by Monday's outing at Syracuse in which he pitched into the ninth inning.
Stamina-wise, the veteran hurler believes he's ready to start a big-league game. The Nationals, though, have been trying to delay his return as long as possible and thus delay having to decide whichRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats