May 28, 2012, 4:31 PM EST
Flores is not in the Nationals' lineup today against the Marlins, but he's hoping he could return to play tomorrow night. Manager Davey Johnson, though, says he'll take a more cautious route and would play backup Carlos Maldonado for this entire series if needed to ensure Flores is totally healed for the long haul.
"He was feeling a lot better today, but I'll monitor that closely because of how many catchers we've had go down here," Johnson said. "I don't need another one going down, even if I have to hold him out until Friday. So that'll be played daily."
The Nationals have already lost starting catcher Wilson Ramos for the season with a torn ACL. Rookie Sandy Leon, summoned from Class AA Harrisburg to take Ramos' roster spot, landed on the disabled listRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals