May 28, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Giancarlo Stanton's two-run homer off Jordan Zimmermann tied the game in the sixth.
Game in a nutshell: Running on fumes after an early-morning flight from Atlanta to Miami, the Nationals came out of the gates strong, taking an early 3-1 lead behind a two-run double from Ryan Zimmerman and the first career home run from Jordan Zimmermann. Zimmermann also cruised through his first five innings on the mound. Then he hit a wall in the sixth. He served up a two-run bomb to Giancarlo Stanton, then let the go-ahead run score on two more hits and a sacrifice fly. The Nationals couldn't rally late against Carlos Zambrano or the Marlins bullpen.
Hitting highlight: You knew it was only a matter of time before Ryan Zimmerman started getting hot at the plate. Sure enough, the Face of the Franchise is starting to show signs of it. His two-run doubleRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats to interview former manager of year for open job
- Report: Former Nats player to interview for open manager job
- Mets, Cubs aim to clinch NLCS berths as playoffs continue
- Report: Nats interviewed former All-Star for manager position
- Nationals roster review: Michael Taylor
- Trio of Nats coaches will remain in organization
- MLB Playoffs continue with 4 Division Series games
- Roster review: Bryce Harper
- Important offseason dates to consider for the Nationals
- Ripken on Nats manager job: 'I'd answer the phone'