May 28, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
US Presswire photo
Giancarlo Stanton's two-run homer off Jordan Zimmermann tied the game in the sixth.
Game in a nutshell: Running on fumes after an early-morning flight from Atlanta to Miami, the Nationals came out of the gates strong, taking an early 3-1 lead behind a two-run double from Ryan Zimmerman and the first career home run from Jordan Zimmermann. Zimmermann also cruised through his first five innings on the mound. Then he hit a wall in the sixth. He served up a two-run bomb to Giancarlo Stanton, then let the go-ahead run score on two more hits and a sacrifice fly. The Nationals couldn't rally late against Carlos Zambrano or the Marlins bullpen.
Hitting highlight: You knew it was only a matter of time before Ryan Zimmerman started getting hot at the plate. Sure enough, the Face of the Franchise is starting to show signs of it. His two-run doubleRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- NatsFest 2014 details announced with new venue
- Nats announce McLouth signing, DFA Corey Brown
- MLB's Rangers draft NFL quarterback Russell Wilson
- PHOTO: Jerry Blevins very excited to be a National
- Nationals lose catcher Nieto in Rule 5 draft
- Michael Morse signs with San Francisco Giants
- MLB rules committee votes to outlaw home plate collisions
- 3 deals in 10 days leave Nats in good shape
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB