Jun 1, 2012, 7:28 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The forecast tonight at Nationals Park is not promising.
Stephen Strasburg on the mound. Michael Morse in right field. Bryce Harper in center field. The Nationals in first place. What more could you ask for?
Well, no rainout would be nice. Unfortunately, tonight's forecast is not promising at all. The tarp has been covering the infield all afternoon, even though to this point there have only been some light sprinkles. The heavy stuff, though, is due to hit right around gametime and last well into the evening.
That wouldn't seem to bode well for this game being played, but we'll have to wait and see what the Nationals decide to do. Remember, the home team (consulting with the visitors and MLB) has control of these things up until lineup cards are exchanged. After that, the umpires call the shots.
[UPDATE AT 3:40 P.M. — It's official now: Michael Morse has been activated off the DL and will hit cleanup tonight. Corey Brown has been optioned back to Class AAA Syracuse.]
Stay tuned for updates…
ATLANTA BRAVES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Strong storms, 77 degrees, Wind 15 mph RF to LF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals hit the road to face Braves
- Zimmerman passes first test at first base
- Rendon reflects on first full pro season
- Giants lose Hunter Pence to significant injury
- Scherzer "happy" with first start of spring
- Braves' starter to see Dr. James Andrews about injury
- New addition scratched from Nationals debut
- Scherzer debuts as Nats open exhibition play
- Mets' Wheeler: 'I guarantee you we all saw what Bryce Harper said'
- After a trying year, Gwynn Jr. tries to come back