Jun 1, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The forecast tonight at Nationals Park is not promising.
Stephen Strasburg on the mound. Michael Morse in right field. Bryce Harper in center field. The Nationals in first place. What more could you ask for?
Well, no rainout would be nice. Unfortunately, tonight's forecast is not promising at all. The tarp has been covering the infield all afternoon, even though to this point there have only been some light sprinkles. The heavy stuff, though, is due to hit right around gametime and last well into the evening.
That wouldn't seem to bode well for this game being played, but we'll have to wait and see what the Nationals decide to do. Remember, the home team (consulting with the visitors and MLB) has control of these things up until lineup cards are exchanged. After that, the umpires call the shots.
[UPDATE AT 3:40 P.M. — It's official now: Michael Morse has been activated off the DL and will hit cleanup tonight. Corey Brown has been optioned back to Class AAA Syracuse.]
Stay tuned for updates…
ATLANTA BRAVES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Strong storms, 77 degrees, Wind 15 mph RF to LF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Michael Morse
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'