Jun 2, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg faces Brandon Beachy today at Nationals Park.
What a difference a day makes. Gone are the menacing clouds, the rain and the tornado threats. In are blue skies, cool temperatures and no threat whatsoever of delays.
So, let's try this again. Stephen Strasburg is on the mound. Michael Morse is in right field. Jesus Flores is behind the plate. There are a couple of changes to Davey Johnson's lineup: Because the Braves decided to skip left-hander Mike Minor's turn in the rotation and keep right-hander Brandon Beachy on schedule, Steve Lombardozzi returns to left field and the leadoff spot. Also, Morse and Adam LaRoche have been flip-flopped, so LaRoche is now hitting cleanup with Morse fifth.
The biggest change of the day, however, involves the postgame concert. Dierks Bentley had to cancel due to a family emergency, so Big and Rich will now be performing. Adjust accordingly.
I'm actually off today, but Rich Dubroff will have full coverage on CSNwashington.com, and I'll be sure to link to his articles here. I'll be back at the park for tomorrow's abbreviated series finale against the Braves…
ATLANTA BRAVES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 183
Weather: Mostly sunny, 76 degrees, Wind 12 mph LF to RF
LF Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'
- Marlins pitcher part of sports betting investigation
- Scherzer on mound as Nats face Cards
- Rendon unlikely for Opening Day after 2nd MRI
- Taking a crack at the Nats' Opening Day roster
- 3-time All-Star retires day after getting cut by Nats
- Braves, Marlins miss out on Cuban star Hector Olivera