Jun 3, 2012, 1:48 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Stephen Strasburg tossed seven scoreless innings, striking out nine.
No issues with misplaced Hot Stuff. No biceps tightness or general fatigue. No struggles with fastball command.
No, Stephen Strasburg took the mound Saturday at Nationals Park, struck out the side in the top of the first and then over seven shutout innings put to rest any of the questions that may have been hovering over him for the last two weeks.
And thanks to Jesus Flores’ solo homer and Xavier Nady’s pinch-hit double, the Nationals pulled off a 2-0 victory over the Braves before a sellout crowd of 41,042 to maintain their standing all alone at the top of the NL East.
Rich Dubroff has the full game story on CSNwashington.com, and he’s also got updates on Brad Lidge, who is set to begin a rehab assignment Monday and Wilson Ramos, who already had surgery to repair torn meniscus in his right knee but is still waiting for surgery to repair his torn ACL.
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:35 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Mariners, 10:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lament close call in loss to Phillies
- Nats struggle early, lose in controversial fashion to Phillies
- LaRoche gets rare night off with tight back
- Gonzalez faces Hamels in showdown of southpaws
- Nats' Triple-A affiliate Syracuse raking in postseason awards
- A primer on postseason roster eligibility rules
- Around the NL East: Stanton making strong push for NL MVP
- Nationals can't pull off dramatic rally this time
- Nats' momentum stalls vs. Phillies in first game of long road trip
- Cabrera out of lineup, but not seriously injured