Jun 3, 2012, 1:48 AM EST
US Presswire photo
Stephen Strasburg tossed seven scoreless innings, striking out nine.
No issues with misplaced Hot Stuff. No biceps tightness or general fatigue. No struggles with fastball command.
No, Stephen Strasburg took the mound Saturday at Nationals Park, struck out the side in the top of the first and then over seven shutout innings put to rest any of the questions that may have been hovering over him for the last two weeks.
And thanks to Jesus Flores’ solo homer and Xavier Nady’s pinch-hit double, the Nationals pulled off a 2-0 victory over the Braves before a sellout crowd of 41,042 to maintain their standing all alone at the top of the NL East.
Rich Dubroff has the full game story on CSNwashington.com, and he’s also got updates on Brad Lidge, who is set to begin a rehab assignment Monday and Wilson Ramos, who already had surgery to repair torn meniscus in his right knee but is still waiting for surgery to repair his torn ACL.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'
- Nats sign RHP Billings for minor league depth
- Braves seen as 'dark horse' for next Cuban star Tomas
- When should Nats' wave of prospects arrive?
- Nationals linked to top free agent Max Scherzer
- Nats add 4 players to 40-man roster, drop pair
- Report: Nationals consider Zimmermann & Fister 'available'
- Nationals need to make 40-man roster decisions
- Zimmermann's gift to Souza for no-hitter catch revealed
- Report: LaRoche has $20M deal on table from Marlins