Jun 3, 2012, 1:48 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Stephen Strasburg tossed seven scoreless innings, striking out nine.
No issues with misplaced Hot Stuff. No biceps tightness or general fatigue. No struggles with fastball command.
No, Stephen Strasburg took the mound Saturday at Nationals Park, struck out the side in the top of the first and then over seven shutout innings put to rest any of the questions that may have been hovering over him for the last two weeks.
And thanks to Jesus Flores’ solo homer and Xavier Nady’s pinch-hit double, the Nationals pulled off a 2-0 victory over the Braves before a sellout crowd of 41,042 to maintain their standing all alone at the top of the NL East.
Rich Dubroff has the full game story on CSNwashington.com, and he’s also got updates on Brad Lidge, who is set to begin a rehab assignment Monday and Wilson Ramos, who already had surgery to repair torn meniscus in his right knee but is still waiting for surgery to repair his torn ACL.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig