Jun 4, 2012, 11:35 PM EDT
Brad Lidge was roughed up a bit in his brief rehab appearance for Class A Potomac this evening, allowing three of four Frederick batters he faced to reach safely in the bottom of the first before being pulled upon reaching his predetermined pitch count.
The veteran reliever, out since late April following surgery to repair a sports hernia, struck out the first batter he faced, then issued a walk and two singles, allowing one run to score in the process. He threw a total of 22 pitches, only 10 of them strikes.
Lidge is hoping to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Nationals’ bullpen next week while the club is in Toronto. He’ll likely make another two or three rehab appearances, pitching on back-to-back days before he’s activated.
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m. TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0
- Werth out but says ankle sprain isn't serious
- Strasburg takes mound for big start vs. Marlins
- Zimmermann returns to form in dominant start
- Around the NL East: Which team will make a big splash via trade?
- After meltdown, Nationals must bounce back
- Werth hopes to play Tuesday after spraining ankle
- Nationals surrender four runs in 9th, fall 7-6 to Marlins
- Span proving skeptics wrong with summer surge