Jun 5, 2012, 7:37 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann faces the red-hot Mets this evening at Nationals Park.
It's kind of becoming a broken record — and we'll probably be saying this over and over again as the rest of the season plays out — but the Nationals open a big series tonight. Their latest tough division opponent: the Mets, who weren't supposed to contend this season but have surprised and enter this series having won nine of 13 to draw within a half-game of the Nats and Marlins atop the NL East.
New York will send Chris Young to the mound for his first start in 13 months. The 6-foot-10 right-hander had surgery on his shoulder capsule, the same procedure Chien-Ming Wang and Johan Santana needed.
Jordan Zimmermann, meanwhile, starts for the Nationals, looking to bounce back from a less-than-spectacular outing last week in Miami.
Updates to come…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 70 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from RF
LF Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'