Jun 5, 2012, 7:37 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Jordan Zimmermann faces the red-hot Mets this evening at Nationals Park.
It's kind of becoming a broken record — and we'll probably be saying this over and over again as the rest of the season plays out — but the Nationals open a big series tonight. Their latest tough division opponent: the Mets, who weren't supposed to contend this season but have surprised and enter this series having won nine of 13 to draw within a half-game of the Nats and Marlins atop the NL East.
New York will send Chris Young to the mound for his first start in 13 months. The 6-foot-10 right-hander had surgery on his shoulder capsule, the same procedure Chien-Ming Wang and Johan Santana needed.
Jordan Zimmermann, meanwhile, starts for the Nationals, looking to bounce back from a less-than-spectacular outing last week in Miami.
Updates to come…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 70 degrees, Wind 5 mph in from RF
LF Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals