Jun 6, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to make it two in a row against the Mets tonight.
Since Michael Morse returned from the disabled list last week, Davey Johnson has essentially settled on a regular starting lineup. Unless they're facing a left-hander, the Nationals are pretty much going to stick with this current arrangement, which includes Steve Lombardozzi in left field, Bryce Harper in center field and Morse in right field.
It also includes Jesus Flores behind the plate, which is where Flores will find himself tonight, less than 24 hours after he caught all 12 innings of a 7-6 victory over the Mets. So far, Flores has held up well in his first extended opportunity to play on a daily basis in several years. We'll see how he does over the long haul (though I suspect he'll get tomorrow's matinee off).
Edwin Jackson takes the mound for the Nationals against rookie Jeremy (don't call me Hugh) Hefner, whose time in the New York rotation is probably about to end.
Plenty of updates to come, so please check back…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 72 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to CF
LF Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' Williams takes reprieve on Babe Ruth impression
- With help from his alter ego, Span again sparks Nats to win
- Gonzalez, Nats win pitchers duel on another walk-off
- Nats' Zimmerman takes significant step in recovery
- Nationals aim for team record 10th straight win vs. D-Backs
- Nationals' 9-game win streak is "absolutely epic"
- Are Nationals finally playing to full potential? (VIDEO)
- Mo'ne Davis and company have one more chance
- Young guns bat, slide Nationals to ninth-straight win
- Matt Williams projects when Ryan Zimmerman will return