Game 54: Mets at Nats

Jun 6, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT

Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats try to make it two in a row against the Mets tonight.

Since Michael Morse returned from the disabled list last week, Davey Johnson has essentially settled on a regular starting lineup. Unless they're facing a left-hander, the Nationals are pretty much going to stick with this current arrangement, which includes Steve Lombardozzi in left field, Bryce Harper in center field and Morse in right field.

It also includes Jesus Flores behind the plate, which is where Flores will find himself tonight, less than 24 hours after he caught all 12 innings of a 7-6 victory over the Mets. So far, Flores has held up well in his first extended opportunity to play on a daily basis in several years. We'll see how he does over the long haul (though I suspect he'll get tomorrow's matinee off).

Edwin Jackson takes the mound for the Nationals against rookie Jeremy (don't call me Hugh) Hefner, whose time in the New York rotation is probably about to end.

Plenty of updates to come, so please check back…

NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 72 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to CF

LF Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
1B Adam LaRoche

1. Scott from Burke - Jun 6, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Don't pitch to David Wright unless absolutely necessary!

2. baseballswami - Jun 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Or Giancarlo Stanton, or Joey Votto, or Matt Kemp – any other nominees?

3. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

4. baseballswami - Jun 6, 2012 at 7:41 PM

And from the previous thread about Desi regarding the ASG while I was busy at work — Every year it seems that a bunch of players that get voted in opt not to go – they have plans, they are dinged up, etc, etc, — I see this as a place where one of our guys, including Desi , could get brought in.If Stras is chosen — will the organization allow him to use any of his precious innings this year? I would love to see gio go, last year al, this year nl.

5. Doc - Jun 6, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I guess 0 for 6 last night ALR doesn't want to be called 'tired', but like many NI's, I think he needs a few games on the pines to regenerate.

6. peric - Jun 6, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Kind of suprised Flores is in but tomorrow is a day game so I guess he rests then.Its a good question. Solano more than deserves a chance or two. But Davey wants a consistent hitter I suppose. Flores has been pretty productive of late. Can't say that about 3 or 4 of the hitters before him.

7. peric - Jun 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM

If Stras is chosen — will the organization allow him to use any of his precious innings this year?That question has already been asked and answered by Rizzo long ago baseball swami, to paraphrase: Hell yes he will pitch in the AllStar game! It would be great honor for both Stephen and the organization. We certainly hope it happens!

8. JB - Jun 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Seeing both sides at the end of their bench last night with us having both Solano and Maldonado sitting there was strange. I realize that one or both would have pinch hit if it were possible for Detwiler to come out, but why are we carrying three catchers right now and still giving every inning to Flores? Is there a roster move coming (Lidge?) that moves one of the catchers back down to Syracuse?NatinBeantown

9. JB - Jun 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Swami- Peric is right about SS and the ASG. Here's Ladson's article on the subject with Rizzo's quotes.NatinBeantown

10. Doc - Jun 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM

So does Vinny Rottino actually practice his pretend academy award catches in LF? I mean maybe he thinks that the umps can't actually see the ball hitting the ground very well.Maybe it works more at Mets' home stadium than on the road!

11. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 6, 2012 at 7:59 PM

NatsJack, I made a similar Flores comment in the last post and caught the ire of pRAA. 12 innings for Flores as he was fading in the 10th and coming back from an injury is asking a lot.

12. Section 222 - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Would seem to make more sense to rest Flores tonight after last night's marathon, and play him tomorrow, giving him more than 24 hours rest before Friday night. Maybe he's like Espi and would rather not face Dickey. I know I wouldn't. I sure hope Rizzo will let Stras appear if he is chosen. Would be for 2 innings max. And Gio deserves it too. They may be the only Nats reps though. Surely we deserve more than one this year. I hope Harper isn't picked though. He's been great, but I wouldn't call him an All-Star yet.

13. Gonat - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM

pRAA said… The official scorer took a long, long time to rule on that pitch. No doubt he watched multiple replays. In the end, he ruled wild pitch not passed ball. It's on Henry. June 06, 2012 10:25 AM ___________________________This comment with his observation is classic. FP took 2 seconds to say it bounced in the dirt, its a Wild Pitch.If Flores got his mitt on it, then it would have been a passed ball.Yah, I wouldn't be concerned with much PRAA has to say.

14. peric - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM

15. natsfan1a - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM

16. Gonat - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Ghost Of Steve M. said… Flores is starting tonight. Isn't that how he hurt his leg a week ago getting over-used? June 06, 2012 3:09 PM ____________________________SteveM, I assume you are talking about this?

17. Gonat - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM

peric said… Looks like Lannan produced a complete 98 pitch game for the Chiefs last night. Maybe he is going to start earning his pay in AAA? Hope so, he might still be a valuable trade chip down the stretch. June 06, 2012 4:02 PM _____________________________If Wang can't get past 5 innings, Rizzo may have no choice but bring Lannan back sooner than later.

18. natsfan1a - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM

19. natsfan1a - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM

So, it would be really weird and superstitious to request that the game thread titled be altered to reflect what the previous one said before being corrected, right? Okay, never mind. I'll just do it in my head. Heh.Doc, yeah, he needs to work on that. His performance was kinda rotten-o. I could see the hop even without the slow-mo. :-)On a game note: Go, Edwin! Go, NATS!! Correction: I meant title, not titled, of course. Does that count as a lucky typo? Yay! :-)

20. Gonat - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Bay and Beato are both activated for tonight.

21. peric - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I sure hope Rizzo will let Stras appear if he is chosen.As both JB and I stated. He has already said he will. Doubtless, Rizzo will be there in the front row to watch to boot, if he can.

22. peric - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:12 PM

If Wang can't get past 5 innings, Rizzo may have no choice but bring Lannan back sooner than later.That's just ONE OUTING Gonat. Check out his stats. He would have to out pitch the entire rotation … which ISN'T happening. Maya is pitching better than Lannan by quite a margin.Don't like Maya? Last I looked the Nats have THREE experienced starters already on the active roster: Stammen, Gorzelanny, and Detwiler. All THREE are better than LanNEN (who needs weird name spellings to win in the majors? C'mon!). I suspect Davey will use what he has first before even considering Lannan. And then they might just pick Maya first because guess what? Maya deserves first shot.

23. JB - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:13 PM

[pausing to appreciate a concern about whether, WHEN selected for the All-Star Game, a Nat may CHOOSE to play or not]We've come a long way, baby.NatinBeantown

24. Les_in_NC - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I wonder if Jackson will be left on the mound to rot if he starts to stink it up tonight? Give the relievers a breather?

25. sm13 - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Swami – I nominate Andrew McCutchen for the don't -pitch-to listWjy does Maya deserbe a shot? Haven't we seen enough of his hanging curve balls to know he's not major league pitcher?

26. lls45 - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I have to agree with sm13. Maya has had several chances and has wasted all of them.

27. MicheleS - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Mark is about to be on ESPN News (I think) per his twitter account

28. dhall88 - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Gettin back to the park for the first time in a couple weeks tonight. Hopefully it's as exciting as last night. And if not I'll take a win any way they offer it.

29. MicheleS - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I hope some of our struggling players have an Excellent night, that EJax twirls a gem and we take another series!!!GYFNG!!!!!

30. Section 222 - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:42 PM

As both JB and I stated. He has already said he will.Peric, I don't really need to point this out, but sometimes other people make comments while I'm composing mine. I'm sure that's happened to you too. So there was really no need for this "asked and answered" put down. It's impressive that you remembered that Rizzo had said that in 2010, and thanks to JB for posting the link which also made it clear that Rizzo's answer was before Stras's TJ surgery. So it might not be a bad thing for someone to ask again. I'm sure Rizzo wouldn't say, "If you were paying attention, you'd know that I answered this question two years ago." His response then was and is the only sensible answer. Can you imagine the conversation today — "Sorry Steve, I know you've had a fantastic first half, and you want to pitch on the game's biggest stage other than the WS, and against the best hitters in the AL. But we have you on an innings limit and I really want those two innings for some game in early September. So maybe next year. You understand, right?"

31. mick - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Overall, if you went back in time 6 months ago and someone told us that the Nats would be 31-22, second best record in NL, without Storen playing a game and Morse playing only the last 4 and Werth out a month, no one would have believed ithere is what has to be resolved:1) Do you try to package Lannan and Espi to an AL team for a disgruntled stud power hitter?2) Do you only have espi bat right handed?3) Does Lombo play full time?4) Is Hrod only middle relief or cut or traded?God Bless the greatest generation for what they did 68 years ago today!

32. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Peric, we have always been on opposite sides on Lannan. I see a guy who I know can pitch 6 innings and give his team a good chance to win as on average last year he left the game with a win-able game for the Nats and the other team averaging 2.5 runs. Wang continues to be an unknown player as his games last year were after more than average rest and inconsistent.

33. natsfan1a - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I'll second that, Mick.God Bless the greatest generation for what they did 68 years ago today!

34. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Mick, good job, I'm impressed. Just not sure stud power hitters are available until mid-July.

35. Section 222 - Jun 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I'm with Peric on Lannan. If we can get something decent for him, do it. If not, keep him for possible use in September. But I'd start Det, Stammen, or even Gorzalanny before giving him another shot. He's a good guy, but has no future with this organization. Our starting rotation has moved beyond what he has to offer.

36. mick - Jun 6, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Thanks Ghost…. your probably right, i was just thinking in theory.thanks Natsfan

37. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 6, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Go Nats.Thanks VETS.

38. Section 222 - Jun 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Clarication: I agree with peric on Lannan, but not on Maya. Lannan may get another major league start with this organization at some point. Maya won't. At least I hope he doesn't. That's money down the drain unfortunately.

39. Scott from Burke - Jun 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM

40. Sunshine_Bobby_Carpenter_Is_Too_Pessimistic_For_Me - Jun 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Post of the day candidate:Scott from Burke said… Watching Lannan pitch on TV is like watching a Kathryn Heigl movie…the moment it starts you know it's gonna suckI couldn't agree more. Watching Lannan was tough when he was squeeze between Yunesky Maya and Jason Bergmann. Having to watch him between the starts of Jesus and Gio is just going to be that much more painful.Memo to Rizzo: Get your bag of balls that this guy is worth in a trade, and be done with him.Have I told you all lately I can't stand soft-tossing "pitch-to-contact" pitchers? Especially lefties. That ship has SO sailed…

41. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Too many of you are spoiled by Strasburg, JZim, and Gio. The reality is you need 5 pitchers. Stammen has never been effective and finally found a role he's excelling in. Detwiler? Are you kidding me? I say give Wang his opportunity and go from there.He has no future with this team and same with EJax. Lannan is still under team control thru next year.

42. baseballswami - Jun 6, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Sunshine Bobby — by soft-tossers you mean like Chris Young who we did not light up like a Christmas tree last night? Or like Livo who has had a very good career? And do you only like fast sports cars, too? I have often thought that throwing one of those "crafty" ( translation – slow, pitch to contact, location) pitchers in our line up would just screw up the hitters timing a lot. They would have to gear down, then gear back up again. Seems like it might be effective. Too bad we traded Tommy !

43. NatsLady - Jun 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Doesn't Boston need pitching? They sent Bard to AAA.

44. NatsLady - Jun 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Well, Wang isn't the "slow, crafty" type, but he does pitch to contact and is a definite contrast to the other four, so I like it. And I wouldn't be too sure Rizzo won't offer EJax an extension.

45. baseballswami - Jun 6, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Wow – just checked in – where is everyone?

46. Scott from Burke - Jun 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

47. NatsLady - Jun 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM

48. Scott from Burke - Jun 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM

NatsLady said… Doesn't Boston need pitching?Replace Boston with EVRY TEAM and you're onto something

49. peric - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM

1) Do you try to package Lannan and Espi to an AL team for a disgruntled stud power hitter?Yes, and No. If I am a major league GM I am calling the Nats every other hour to find out if they want to unload Espinosa … whilst rubbing my handsgleefully together (see Beane, Billy). Especially I happen to be reading what silly fans have to say. Beh … it gets tiresome and irksome.Honestly, they need to move Zim to first base NOW and trade LaRoche and Lannan (and please Ankiel!). Why? Because Zim is the real deal when he's healthy. Putting him at first (and I see Boz recommended it) is the best way to make that happen quickest other than the DL, at least for now. They don't need a stud power hitter. Look at the Syracuse Chiefs. Corey Brown and Tyler Moore will likely both end up with top home run and doubles totals in the IL. Brown will be at the top in triples. They don't need DeRosa they need to find spots for these two guys. There's your power. and if you can't find room for those two, thinking you can create space for a disgruntled likely aging power hitter is ludicrous! Its not happening. 2) Do you only have espi bat right handed?Has he 1000 at bats in the majors? Yes or No? If NO then continueas usual. If Yes, then perhaps he is instructed to bat righty. Until thenyou'll just have to suffer … or not if he breaks out.3) Does Lombo play full time?Sure, second base when they move Espy to third base, Zimmerman to first base and LaRoche for prospects to fill the coffers left bare by a Selig-Kasten constrained CHEAP-CHEAP guys 2012 draft. The whole draft is all about Giolito. If they don't sign him its basically a failure. Of course in 2 years Rendon should be ready … perhaps sooner where do you put him because he could be that slugger if he can stay off the DL.Forget the disgruntled too-old, worthless slugger. Go young. Let other stupid GM's go old.4) Is Hrod only middle relief or cut or traded?HRod is only 23. Do you know how old Lidge is? And how many surgeries he has had? He gets traded first, and never cut. Middle Relief? Maybe but not more than 2 innings.

50. baseballswami - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Here's hoping Adam's bat wakes up tonight – he is overdue.

51. Gonat - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Nice to come on to the Q&A session with Peric. That should be a weekly column like Ladson's but in this case Mark gets to comment on it.

52. Scott from Burke - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM

53. Scott from Burke - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM

your, not you're

54. Gonat - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Nice 1, 2, 3. David Wright didn't get a hit. Nifty sprint to the ball by Bryce!

55. Scott from Burke - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM

SLIDE man…i saw a left knee acl tear

56. MicheleS - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Wow..Bam Bam takes 2 and has story time with kids today as well. Is there anything he can't do?

57. Gonat - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Bryce's continual hustle makes defenders rush causing ERRORS. Way to go Bryce!

58. Gonat - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Maybe LaRoche doesn't need a rest. WOW!!!!

59. MicheleS - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:20 PM

SWEET!!! ALR!!!! and mlb network is giving us tons of LOVE!!!

60. Candide - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Well, so much for LaRoche being tired and needing a couple of days off…

61. Gonat - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM

JZim with a big smile. Have to wonder if he is thinking, why can't I get that type of run support?

62. Gonat - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM

25 pitches thrown in the 1st inning by Hef. Desi didn't get the memo to work the pitcher.

63. baseballswami - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I think I am going to take an iota of credit for calling the ALR big bat at 7:04. It wasn't so much a prediction as a really serious wish. And now my very serious wish is that it continues.

64. Les_in_NC - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:34 PM

not game related but, is anyone getting a warning (from Google Chrome) that this site has malware found in it? It's really bugging me! I just started get this message today.

65. mick - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:36 PM

peric… thank you. good analysis!

66. Fear and Ignorance - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Really feels good to have a 3 run lead right out of the gate. Hasn't happened but maybe once or twice this year. Now…bury them!!!

67. Faraz Shaikh - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Les_in_NC, I am getting the same warning however it is about Natsblog.com.Since Mark has them on the left in featured blogs, google is warning us that it might not be safe to visit insider either. I think if mark temp takes away nats blog from that list, problem would go away.

68. TimDz - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Nice call Swammi…You should take credit for that one…

69. Faraz Shaikh - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

actually now I am not getting that call at all after clicking on 'proceed anyway'.

70. baseballswami - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I wish I had that kind of power.

71. Les_in_NC - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Thanks Faraz for clearing that up! Mark, any way we can get that cleared up with Nats Blog?

72. Mark Zuckerman - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Thanks guys for the heads-up on the malware warning. I removed the potential offending blog from the blogroll. Let me know if that clears things up.

73. Gonat - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Those darn lead-off walks. Can't walk 8 hitters.

74. Les_in_NC - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Really appreciate that M.Z! Thanks for looking out for us, and thanks for a truly wonderful Insiders website you have created for us!

75. baseballswami - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Gonat – exactly ! Walk number 8, bunt with 9, lead off single – textbook run. Stop doing that!

76. Gonat - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

What a lousy relay by Espinosa scooped by LaRoche like its nothing.

77. baseballswami - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

And the pitcher's best friend – yay!!

78. Candide - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Watching the Mets on the field tonight reminds me of watching Desmond a couple of seasons ago.

79. Faraz Shaikh - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

thanks Mark. I think only insiders who come in now can tell whether they are still getting that message or not.Can we please shutout an opponent? we haven't had too many of them lately.

80. Scott from Burke - Jun 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM

no one has faraz…it's about WINNING

81. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

oy vey

82. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

EJax melting down. Fundamentals.

83. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Throwing to first must be harder than any of us knew. I believe he just has to quit doing it.As for the first run another lead off walk scores. Why walk the number 8 guy. Makes no sense what so ever.

84. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Quit doing it? If I knew that I could steal second

85. baseballswami - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:09 AM

You are correct of course,Scott. This is starting to smell like last night – only much earlier and much more annoying. Oh – and JZim didn't actually walk ANYONE. Or make sloppy fielding plays. Oh – and he actually got two hits. So this is actually sooo much worse.

86. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:16 AM

cant score a few early and feel like you shot your wad…gotta stay aggresive and ANGRY

87. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Run and hit here with Espi on 1st!

88. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Guess not. Flores 1st pitch swinging. These guys kill any chance of their own rallys. Flores has seen a total of 3 pitches tonight in 2 at-bats.

89. baseballswami - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:23 AM

This pitcher is an experienced spot starter type. They really went after him at first and now they are going easy on him. I think the ump is also being a bit generous with him, though. Has he really earned that? Again – I wish our guys were tougher outs. More battling.

90. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Let's not play the blame the ump game..lets hit the damn ball…Harper Zim Laroche..Morse…HIT IT!

91. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Like THAT! Now time for a big fly

92. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:33 AM

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120606&content_id=32868692&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlbThe 1st overall pick verbally agreed to his deal today.

93. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM

The importance of Morse being back in the lineup..and hitting…CANNOT be overstated

94. baseballswami - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:39 AM

It is sooo sweet to see Morse back in this line up. What a treat! Were all of those hits 2 strike hits? Seems like they were. Very nice to see Zim hitting, too. And Adam.

95. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:40 AM

3 staight singles after 2 outs Good job ECK.

96. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:43 AM

If werth were healthy tomorrow who bats leadoff? Werth…morse…harper in the outfield…compared to Ankiel..bernardina…werth..what a DIFFERENCE!! Even though he hasn't lived up to his contract i hope Jayson is 100% by the end of August

97. MicheleS - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I really hope JFLO gets tomorrow off.

98. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:45 AM

3 of EJAZ 4 walks he was way ahead of the batter, and 3 of 4 were against batters who average is below the Medoza line. Not sure I understand the reason for this. Does he lack concntration or does he try to be too fine. I am guessing the latter.

99. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM

The strike zone tonight has no consistency but I believe the Mets have received more calls

100. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I would bring in Gorzo to Burnett to Clippard to close the game out.

101. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Told you.

102. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 12:59 AM

103. baseballswami - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Hook soon? Seriously – I think the Nats just can't even play unless it's a one run game. Just go ahead and get it over with. Score the run. Then we can play again.

104. rabbit34 - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:01 AM

The rabbit will be at the game tomorrow, hopping from section to section.

105. baseballswami - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Oh no – it's that valdemort – spin guy!

106. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:02 AM

if the nats win tonight (and probably if they lose) i see all the bench players getting a start tomorrow

107. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Becomes a nail biter again. 4-3

108. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Scott from Burke said… he might stick with ejax because of the way pen was burned out last night and tomorrow early game…this shows a clear difference between ejax and lannan…lannan woudl HAVE to come out..his shoulders would be slumped and hitters would be teeing off June 06, 2012 8:59 PM ____________________________Gorzo and Clip threw 1 inning last night and had a day off on Monday. Can't remember if either pitched on Sunday

109. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Clip has really been getting his groove on lately…i would like to see him with a day off, but suspect we'll see him in the 9th…or perhaps Hrod?

110. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Kendrick just walked home a run with bases loaded. Philly 4 Dodgers 3 now

111. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Dodgers go up 5-4

112. baseballswami - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Nonononono – not HRod – please, anything but HRod!!!

113. peric - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Peric: I like Zim at 1B, but you're moves would take away their depth..if Zim gets hurt (not a stretch) then Morse back to 1B and big hole in the OFWho are Corey Brown and Tyler Moore? And how are they doing in Syracuse again?

114. peric - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Nonononono – not HRod – please, anything but HRod!!!If Davey's heart can handle it so can ours. :)

115. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM

8 game hitting streak for Jesus. Hope they give him the day off tomorrow, he deserves it.

116. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Peric, you talk down to people..makes you come across as an ass..but i think you like that

117. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:39 AM

And if Corey Brown and/or Tyler Moore are ML ready, why aren't they pl;aying in place of Lombardozzi, who has a weak arm and no power..more of a 2B that a LF

118. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Bernadina on again. I don't get how he is so much better as a pinch-hitter than as a starter.

119. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Braves 2 Marlins 1 Final.

120. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Braves just knocked off the Marlins!

121. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Hairston makes a very good (not great) catch to rob Harper of a hit and an RBI.Do it Clip.

122. ehay2k - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:43 AM

It looked to me like Flores tweaked his hammy on that hit and walk play.

123. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:47 AM

‏@TimSwartz: Brad Lidge in 8th: K, 5-3, K. Both Ks swinging

124. SCNatsFan - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Again Tyler?

125. Les_in_NC - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:48 AM

pass the maalox…

126. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:49 AM

ehay2k said… It looked to me like Flores tweaked his hammy on that hit and walk play. June 06, 2012 9:43 PM __________________________Don't worry, PRAA will tell you he should suck it up.

127. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Might as well pitch HRod if we can't throw strikes. Maalox please.

128. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I like Harper catching the ball with 2 hands

129. MicheleS - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Dang it.. I was hoping for a DP.

130. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:52 AM

131. Candide - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Arggghhh! Thought we had a curly W…

132. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:52 AM

laroche could have moved his foot over to the edge of the base…

133. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:52 AM

LaRoche didn't realize he had more room to stretch on the bag.

134. MicheleS - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:53 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! And Another Series Win!

135. Candide - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Woo-HOOOO!!! (copyright 2012 MicheleS)

136. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:53 AM

whew..that ball was hit pretty well…COOL

137. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Won another series!!!!

138. Scott from Burke - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:54 AM

ejax doesnt get the love of gio, ss and jz, but he is such a hard worker…abover average starter…good stuff

139. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Bring out the brooms tomorrow. Come on CMW.

140. Gonat - Jun 7, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Scott, it was a changeup he was out in front of so pulled it off the end of his bat. If he was looking changeup, probably a tied game.