Jun 7, 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats go for a sweep of the Mets this afternoon at Nationals Park.
The Nationals have yet another opportunity to sweep a division rival, but the task today isn't an easy one. In knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, the Nats will be facing one of the NL's best pitchers this season, owner of an 8-1 record, 2.69 ERA and 70-to-17 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
So not only will the Nationals need to try to string some hits together against Dickey, but they'll also need a better start from Chien-Ming Wang than they got the last time he took the mound (four runs, seven hits, three walks in four-plus innings at Miami).
The only change to Davey Johnson's lineup today is a swap of catchers, with Jesus Flores getting a much-deserved breather and rookie Jhonatan Solano behind the plate for his second career start.
I'm off today in advance of this weekend's trip to Boston, but Rich Dubroff will have you covered on CSNwashington.com. Enjoy the game and the conversation…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 77 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to RF
LF Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg throws but offers no update
- Harper's career day puts him in elite company in baseball history
- Bryce Harper on curtain call: I didn't want to go up there
- Behind Harper power surge, Nats outlast Marlins
- Harper goes yard for 3 HR's against Marlins
- New Nats veteran reliever reports to minor league affiliate
- Nats' reliever Casey Janssen ready for big step in rehab
- Werth sidelined again with "cranky" shoulder
- Strasburg hopes chiropractor can fix shoulder
- Aaron Barrett joins STL to discuss Nats recent success