Jun 7, 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
File photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats go for a sweep of the Mets this afternoon at Nationals Park.
The Nationals have yet another opportunity to sweep a division rival, but the task today isn't an easy one. In knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, the Nats will be facing one of the NL's best pitchers this season, owner of an 8-1 record, 2.69 ERA and 70-to-17 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
So not only will the Nationals need to try to string some hits together against Dickey, but they'll also need a better start from Chien-Ming Wang than they got the last time he took the mound (four runs, seven hits, three walks in four-plus innings at Miami).
The only change to Davey Johnson's lineup today is a swap of catchers, with Jesus Flores getting a much-deserved breather and rookie Jhonatan Solano behind the plate for his second career start.
I'm off today in advance of this weekend's trip to Boston, but Rich Dubroff will have you covered on CSNwashington.com. Enjoy the game and the conversation…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 77 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to RF
LF Steve Lombardozzi
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats lose as Reds rock Scherzer in rare poor outing
- How Scherzer decision could make another National an All-Star
- Span gets MRI; plus updates on Escobar and Zim
- Scherzer, Cueto face off as Nats take on Reds
- Fister still working out mechanical glitches
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released