Jun 7, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse tries to break up a double play in the fifth inning.
Though he carried a shutout into the fifth inning, Chien-Ming Wang was flirting with disaster all afternoon, needing to pitch his way out of several jams to to reach that stage of the game. Disaster finally came in the fifth, when Lucas Duda belted a two-run homer off Wang, the decisive blow in the Nationals’ 3-1 loss to the Mets.
Unable to do any damage against knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, who improved to 9-1, the Nationals were unable to complete a three-game sweep of New York. They now head to Boston to open interleague play at Fenway Park this weekend.
Rich Dubroff has the full game story on CSNwashington. Rich also has the surprising news of Henry Rodriguez landing on the DL and Brad Lidge returning sooner than expected. And here are some thoughts from scouting director Kris Kline on this year’s now-completed amateur draft.
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lower magic number to four, top Mets
- Nationals try to finish off Mets in series finale
- Harper, Desmond star in Nats 10-3 win over Mets
- Fister looks to stay perfect against Mets tonight
- Nats can't climb out of early hole, fall to Mets 4-3
- Nationals shoot for 13th straight win at Citi Field
- The Baseball Show: Are Nats finally over the Braves (VIDEO)
- Two Nationals players plunked by Colon in 6-2 win
- Desmond, Rendon back in Nationals' lineup
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers falling hard