Jun 7, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse tries to break up a double play in the fifth inning.
Though he carried a shutout into the fifth inning, Chien-Ming Wang was flirting with disaster all afternoon, needing to pitch his way out of several jams to to reach that stage of the game. Disaster finally came in the fifth, when Lucas Duda belted a two-run homer off Wang, the decisive blow in the Nationals’ 3-1 loss to the Mets.
Unable to do any damage against knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, who improved to 9-1, the Nationals were unable to complete a three-game sweep of New York. They now head to Boston to open interleague play at Fenway Park this weekend.
Rich Dubroff has the full game story on CSNwashington. Rich also has the surprising news of Henry Rodriguez landing on the DL and Brad Lidge returning sooner than expected. And here are some thoughts from scouting director Kris Kline on this year’s now-completed amateur draft.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling
- Biggest key to Papelbon trade is Storen
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1