Jun 7, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
US Presswire photo
Michael Morse tries to break up a double play in the fifth inning.
Though he carried a shutout into the fifth inning, Chien-Ming Wang was flirting with disaster all afternoon, needing to pitch his way out of several jams to to reach that stage of the game. Disaster finally came in the fifth, when Lucas Duda belted a two-run homer off Wang, the decisive blow in the Nationals’ 3-1 loss to the Mets.
Unable to do any damage against knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, who improved to 9-1, the Nationals were unable to complete a three-game sweep of New York. They now head to Boston to open interleague play at Fenway Park this weekend.
Rich Dubroff has the full game story on CSNwashington. Rich also has the surprising news of Henry Rodriguez landing on the DL and Brad Lidge returning sooner than expected. And here are some thoughts from scouting director Kris Kline on this year’s now-completed amateur draft.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg throws but offers no update
- Harper's career day puts him in elite company in baseball history
- Bryce Harper on curtain call: I didn't want to go up there
- Behind Harper power surge, Nats outlast Marlins
- Harper goes yard for 3 HR's against Marlins
- New Nats veteran reliever reports to minor league affiliate
- Nats' reliever Casey Janssen ready for big step in rehab
- Werth sidelined again with "cranky" shoulder
- Strasburg hopes chiropractor can fix shoulder
- Aaron Barrett joins STL to discuss Nats recent success