Jun 8, 2012, 7:34 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper make their Fenway Park debuts tonight.
BOSTON — Hello from the one and only Fenway Park, where tonight a first-place club takes on a last-place club in interleague action. Just like we all expected at the start of the season, right?
It's been a topsy-turvy year so far, not only in the NL East but also in the AL East, where the beer-swilling, fried chicken-munching Red Sox are bringing up the rear (in spite of their 29-28 record). Boston still boasts a fairly potent lineup, even if the names aren't as intimidating as they used to be. And tonight's starter, left-hander Felix Doubront, is 5-1 with a 2.72 ERA over his last six starts.
Because of that lefty on the mound — plus the need for a DH in the AL park — Davey Johnson is going with a right-handed heavy lineup. Danny Espinosa will lead off. Michael Morse will hit cleanup and DH. Tyler Moore and Xavier Nady will man the corner outfield spots.
Oh yeah, and Stephen Strasburg is starting for the Nationals. Plenty of updates and analysis to come…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at BOSTON RED SOX
Where: Fenway Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 177
Weather: Scattered storms, 70 degrees, Wind 10 mph out to CF
2B Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
DH Michael Morse
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster report: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bumgarner, Giants stop Royals 7-1 in Series opener
- Report: Marlins may have James Shields atop shopping list
- Royals host Giants in Game 1 of the 2014 World Series
- Sporting News names Mets pitcher NL Rookie of the Year
- Palm Beach approves funding for Nats spring complex
- Williams named top NL manager by peers
- Nationals roster report: Adam LaRoche
- Marlins' McGehee wins NL Comeback Player of the Year
- Previewing and predicting the 2014 World Series