Game 56: Nats at Red Sox

Jun 8, 2012, 7:34 PM EDT

Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper make their Fenway Park debuts tonight.

BOSTON — Hello from the one and only Fenway Park, where tonight a first-place club takes on a last-place club in interleague action. Just like we all expected at the start of the season, right?

It's been a topsy-turvy year so far, not only in the NL East but also in the AL East, where the beer-swilling, fried chicken-munching Red Sox are bringing up the rear (in spite of their 29-28 record). Boston still boasts a fairly potent lineup, even if the names aren't as intimidating as they used to be. And tonight's starter, left-hander Felix Doubront, is 5-1 with a 2.72 ERA over his last six starts.

Because of that lefty on the mound — plus the need for a DH in the AL park — Davey Johnson is going with a right-handed heavy lineup. Danny Espinosa will lead off. Michael Morse will hit cleanup and DH. Tyler Moore and Xavier Nady will man the corner outfield spots.

Oh yeah, and Stephen Strasburg is starting for the Nationals. Plenty of updates and analysis to come…

WASHINGTON NATIONALS at BOSTON RED SOX
Where: Fenway Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 177
Weather: Scattered storms, 70 degrees, Wind 10 mph out to CF

2B Danny Espinosa
CF Bryce Harper
DH Michael Morse

Read more ยป

1. JD - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Interesting lineup. I guess Nady plays because of the lefty.

2. MicheleS - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Even with this odd lineup, i see our boys peppering balls off the monster (if not over)!GYFNG! GO Tyler!!! Go Stras!!!

3. Oldguy - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM

The Red Sox have problems, but they can still hit. They have scored 10 runs or more 9 times. However, our pitching is a good matchup for Doubront, Dice-K and Lester. We don't get Beckett or Buchholz.

4. sm13 - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Tyler Moore vs the Green Monster — let the games begin!

5. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM

By the way, just read Camden Yards is being invaded by thousands if Philthies.

6. bowdenball - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:58 PM

They didn't have much choice. We can complain all we want about Nady and with good reason, but at the end of the day does anyone seriously think he'll finish the season with worse numbers against lefties than Bernadina and Ankiel? Not me. I like seeing Espinosa up top. Unless they check the splits, I wonder if Nats fans realize just how great he is against lefties. If he could face lefties every day he'd be an all-star.

7. Clip&Store - Jun 8, 2012 at 7:58 PM

now they get to find out what we gotta put up with

8. baseballswami - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Ok – here is my dilemma: In our division, we need to win and the other four teams need to go down. But, I just cannot bring myself to actually (gulp) root for the Evil Empire. Three days of this angst! I will do it! I will take one for the team! Go Yankees! ouch, ouch, it hurts so much….

9. TheManBearPig - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Espi's RH split is enough to make me think that he would eventually do pretty well batting RH against RHP. If the LH numbers don't improve in the second half, hopefully the switch hitting experiment won't continue into 2013 or (dare I say it?) the 2012 post-season.

10. m20832 - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Yankees….philthies…aren't they one and the same these days?Espi will bat right handed, right?GYFNG!!!

11. NatsLady - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:21 PM

There is more baseball talk on the Flagship. I believe it was Wednesday afternoon (LaVar) there was a long discussion as to whether the town could "hold" two stars (RG3 and Bryce). The consensus was yes–especially with the current state of the Potatoes. Comparison of Bryce to Ovechkin and what he is (or should have been), and Wall. Bottom line, is, if the team is winning AND has stars, people will talk about it.Comment from LaVar about RZ was "I love the guy to death but he doesn't have the national star poser of Bryce." Have to agree with that.

12. NatsLady - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Sorry, "star power."

13. sm13 - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Two years ago today a young, raw rookie took the mound and struck out 14 Pirates. Tonight he takes the mound, as Mark points out, as the ace for a first place club with the best pitching staff in baseball. This has all been a whirlwind, far exceeding rational expectations. Go Stras, Go Nats!!

14. Grandstander - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:24 PM

It's been brought up occasionally, but I'm seriously impressed with the pinch hitting this season. This season, our pinch hitters are slashing .309/.442/.529! Last season was a pathetic .186/.291/.240. Matt Stairs is certainly to blame for some of that, but he wasn't our only PH. That's a spot that has come through big time with seemingly every guy on the bench helping out when they can.

15. NatsLady - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Two years ago today a young, raw rookie took the mound and struck out 14 Pirates. I remember like yesterday. No detailed prep, no analysis of the hitters–they just told him go out there and throw. And he did.

16. JD - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM

NatsLady, If RZ is the FOF then Harper very soon will the Franchise; no doubt about it. I am not worried about the possibility of BH leaving via FA. It's a long ways away and he will be here all this time. It's a big advantage to have.

17. JaneB - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM

ooooh! Thanks for reminding us of the anniversary, and how far these guys have come, sm13! I also loved this, that Mark wrote:"Hello from the one and only Fenway Park, where tonight a first-place club takes on a last-place club in interleague action. Just like we all expected at the start of the season, right?"Teehee! GYFNG!!!!!

18. Knoxville Nat - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Grandstander,Thanks for the reminder and stats on our pinch hitting off the bench this year. I keep thinking to myself how certain people on this board would harp and harp about the lousy job Rizzo did in putting the bench together. Their silence on this matter is now golden to my ears (and eyes)!

19. Mickey Vernon - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Trade possibility? Nats swap surplus starter + to Pirates for Hanrahan?

20. waddu eye no - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM

so far, i've been the only person I've seen in Rome wearing a curly W hat. i'll check here before i go run to see who won.gyfng

21. NatsLady - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM

By the way, on the Baseball Today podcast, Mark Simon and Eric Karabell discussed whether the NL East is better than the AL East. Based on various criteria, including number of top pitchers (Gio!) it's–wait for it–the NL East. Other divisions lag far behind.

22. phil dunton - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Jerry Hairston., a member of the bench last season, who Rizzo gave to the Brewers for next to nothing (Cutter Dykstra), is batting .356 in semi-regular play for the Dodgers.

23. MicheleS - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Actually Phil, We Got Cutter for Nyjer (even trade) and got Erik Komatsu for Jerry (and we just got Erik back from the rule 5 stuff)

24. sm13 - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I believe we got Eric Komatsu for Hairston. Dykstra was obtained for our dear old friend Nyjer. I am happy for Jerry, but kind of glad that we don't need a mid-30's utility guy playing every day for us. I wouldn't be surprised if he tails off from his hot start.

25. NatsLady - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Jerry didn't want to play here. He did a good professional job, but I'd rather have guys who want to be on THIS team.

26. Get Some Players - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Time for Espy to be Nook Logan-ed, that is told to never bat lefty again.

27. baseballswami - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Ah – the anniversary of Strasmas. I don't think it would have happened the way it did without Pudge. I think his strong, calming presence and knowledge of all the hitters is what got Stras through it. Yes, he threw the pitches, but I think Pudge deserves a lot of credit.

28. greg - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM

and since jerry was a FA anyway, we could easily have resigned him last offseason. so the trade itself really isn't relevant.

29. MicheleS - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I still remember the Ryan, Donkey, and Hammer jacking balls out of the park to give us the win! But those 14Ks were a thing of beauty!!!

30. sm13 - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Swami once again hits it out of the park. Let's not forget that Stras would never have made it through the post-game press conference without Pudge at his side.I miss Pudge!

31. Grandstander - Jun 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Get Some Players – Nook Logan was developed into being a switch hitter by the Tigers, Espinosa has been switch hitting his whole life. He just needs to fix his swing. If that can't happen for whatever reason, a platoon with Lombo would make more sense than having him hit righties from the right side. Especially in the longer term when Werth gets back and Lombo loses his hold on LF.

32. NatsLady - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Hard to know if a guy who is 22 and still only in A ball is going to make it, but Dykstra is at.288/.359/.393 in Hagerstown and probably costing a lot less than Nyjer.

33. SCNatsFan - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Danny does not need to be platooned. If he can't switch hit then send him to Syracuse for the rest of the year and see if he can learn to hit righties from the right side. If he can't then you decide if he is so valuable you need to waste two roster spots on two second basemen.

34. baseballswami - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM

The woman on mlb who is not alana rizzo ( don't know her name, Lauren Tehadi ?) confessed that she is a Nats fan!! That is pretty cool. I just can't get used to them talking about the Nats so much. The guys who interviewed Desi asked if people in dc have Natitude. Yes!

35. erocks33 - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Grandstander said:This season, our pinch hitters are slashing .309/.442/.529! Last season was a pathetic .186/.291/.240.Where is JayB, by the way?

36. JD - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM

NatsLady, my recollection is that real prospects don't stay at low A for long unless they are very young. This is why I am somewhat concerned about Meyer and Goodwin. They really need to dominate at this level. I am going to give Goodwin a pass because he was out for a long time. I look at Meyer and I look around and see what guys like Bundy, Hultzen and others are doing and I have to figure he is not in their league.

37. Steady Eddie - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:26 PM

erocks33 @ 5:16: precisely.JD @ 5:17: it's awfully premature to go making those judgments after all of 2 months, less in Goodwin's case (which you acknowledged). Moving into pro ball is an adjustment, as it is to go up each level. Different people, regardless of their level of talent, may take more time to make that adjustment, and the mix of coaching and prospects' personalities is happenstance but may also make transitions and accommodations harder. Harper is a once-in-a-generation talent and he took a while at each level — and they didn't promote him until July.If they're still there at the end of July, then it may be time to wonder.

38. rogieshan - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM

More than Dickey and his floating frisbee, I hope the players contain themselves and don't let the lure of the Green Monster mess up with their swing.

39. JD - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM

erocks33, JayB will show up if we lose 3 – 4 games in a row and he will say that Rizzo failed to do his job in the off season and therefore we will be sub .500 again. There, I saved you from having to read his posts when they arrive.

40. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Re: JayB…..to be precise. Rizzo failed at getting solid bench players. And CF….huge fail.But I still kinda miss him……just not the brokwn record mantra.I'll certainly take him over our self anointed resident GM/Farm Ditector/Chief Talent Evaluator-in-Training.

41. JD - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Steady, I don't disagree with your post at all. It's just an observation I made where top notch college players(even our own Storen and SS) usually blow through this level and the next one fairly quickly. I am not saying that Meyer is a bust; just that I question if he's a grade A prospect.

42. JD - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM

NatsJack, I don't even mind Peric's comments; I often agree with him. I just can't stand his condescending, insulting, nasty, know it all tone. And you are right JayB is entitled to his opinion as well, I just don't understand why he needs to repeat it ad noseum.

43. JD - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM

btw, for what it's worth Keith Law now ranks Giolito as our top prospect over Rendon (based on the later's inability to stay healthy).

44. MicheleS - Jun 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM

BTW.. MLB Tonight is doing a look back at Strasmas!

45. NatsLady - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:03 PM

FWIW, fangraphs has Adam LaRoche as the 3rd rated 1B in the NL (behind Votto and LaHair). Pretty sure LaHair is going to fade, so that would move our guy up to No. 2 if he can keep up some offense. There are some bad first-basemen in our league.fangraphs leadershttp://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=1b&stats=bat&lg=nl&qual=y&type=6&season=2012&month=0&season1=2012&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&players=0

46. Section 222 - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Giolito's our top prospect before we even sign him? Oh that Keith Law.

47. JayB - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I'm still here….read every post and been to almost every game……fun….fun…fun this year.I had no clue Harper would be so good so fast. Last I was posting (as you all know, when we do stupid stuff or underachieve) was when Davey was being stupid about putting HROD in the 9th inning wild pitch after wild pitch….I was right about that.Would we be better with a better bats than Nady, Roger, Moore and Rick……yup….a lot better really. Could Rizzo of signed better players…..yes in hind sight they were many to be had and the team still can not score runs…..STILL…. given injuries….amazing season and tons of fun to watch and be a small part of each night at home.

48. NatsLady - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:20 PM

222, had exactly the same thought! How about waiting til he's signed–and also proves he not injured.

49. SonnyG10 - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM

JayB, glad you're still around.

50. whatsanattau - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Nice post Jb.

51. JD - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Sec 222, We're gonna sign him and you won't have to wait until aug 31st. I think they moved the deadline up to July 15th.

52. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:31 PM

me too. Good to hear from you JayB.

53. Grandstander - Jun 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM

If Giolito is actually injured, there's no way he passes up money on the table. $2 million now is a lot better than nothing next year. If he's not injured though, it would actually make a lot of sense for him to wait a year, answer the injury questions, and double his signing bonus.I think he signs, then we find out he needs TJ.

54. NatsLady - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Probably be more than $2 million. Rizzo's gonna offer him as much of the $4 million as he possibly can, which is why he's signing all the other kids first.

55. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM

And Giolito's reps like getting there guys carreers started quickly.

56. NatsFanSinceStart - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:10 PM

57. NatsLady - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I bet they re-think this bonus system pretty quick. Lots of unintended consequences, such as teams picking under-slot to save money and agents' possible conflict of interest when representing more than one pick for the same team.

58. jeffwx - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:13 PM

OOH….23 need a monster in DC

59. jeffwx - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM

nope can't play NL ball here…gotta get risp with no outs home.

60. NatsFanSinceStart - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Baseballswami: yeah, Pudge was the reason Strasbug k'd 14 in 7 inn. ha ha. Fans come in varying degrees of baseball intelligence.To JD, who complains about so many people who talk "condescendinglY." His real beef is that others are stealing his very own schtick == only others do it so much better.

61. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Actually, putting Harper in left is a no brainer. Nobody else on the team has any experience playing stuff off the wall so Tyler can play shallower. Helps him with throws and allows him to play the bloops to left easier.

62. JB - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM

At the game. Good God there are a ton of Nats fans here!NatinBeantown

63. MicheleS - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Nice inning by Stras…

64. MicheleS - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:29 PM

JB.. Glad to see the Nats Representing at Fenway!!!

65. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Every Nats hitter has been 0-2 except Desmond.

66. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Forgot. And Espinosa.

67. Unknown - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Tyler Moore is over-matched by major league pitching and playing him in left field with the tricky green monster wall is a huge risk.

68. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Another walk, another run. Just quit the niibbleing guys no excuse for it. It runs the pitch count up, and puts extra runner on base. No excuse.

69. Amr Khani - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM

70. mick - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM

wonder if Bryce is in a slump?

71. mick - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM

hee hee I guess he is not ina slump

72. mick - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM

it would seem that we should out score Redsox pitchers this series

73. JaneB - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM

A hi to JB. And a thank you to Zimm.

74. mick - Jun 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM

love that sound…. crack zoom

75. mick - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM

crappy AB by LaRoche

76. mick - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Thank you ian and Adam you need to thank him too

77. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:09 AM

So far Red Sox 1 for 2 with RISP. Nats 2 for 8. Glad we are ahead, but man are we weaving a lot of ducks on the pond.

78. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

make that leaving. a lot on base.

79. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM

NADY!!!! What a catch!!!

80. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Nady earns his pay today. Great play

81. JB - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Nady! Right in front of me!

82. NatsNut - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Hi JayB. Nice post.

83. JaneB - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Nady! I screamed so loud I scared all the animals. And my 88 year old Dad.

84. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM

JB.. Take pictures and send them to Mark!!!

85. JaneB - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

86. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Umm.. What has gotten into Danny? Is it just that there is a lefty on the mound?

87. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:28 AM

BAM BAM JUST CRUSHED IT!!!!

88. JB - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:31 AM

If you don't know Fenway, Harper's HR was an absolute bomb. I've never seen one hit out there.

89. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Excellent article by Gordon Edes on Bryce

90. NatsFan05 - Jun 9, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Nice article Micheles…Loved the part…"Here are the names of the last three teenagers to come to Fenway Park in a visitor's uniform and hit a home run: Robin Yount, Al Kaline and Mickey Mantle. Hall of Famers all. That's some pretty fancy company you can join by putting one in the seats."Guess that's fancy company he just joined!

91. Exposremains - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Harper getting caught in a run down to keep the carousel attempt intact.

92. phil dunton - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Each Nats hitter has struck out exactly once tonight for a total of 9 strikeouts. That might be a first!

93. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Is anyone up in the Pen? The pitch count is starting to climb…

94. djinFl. - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Detwiler is warming

95. djinFl. - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Way to go Stras!Excellent game

96. Joe Seamhead - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Gee, do you think Youklis is a little bit upset?

97. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Good game! time for the pen to take over.. Let's pile on some more runs.

98. ehay2k - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Wow,what a game! And I love it when we get into the bullpen early. Another gem so far from Strasburg. Bryce with the HR! Loved it. Getting caught OK at Fenway, where the throw from left often goes home. job, good to hear there are Nats fans in attendance. Nats nation continues to grow!

99. ehay2k - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Oh, and I should mention I am watching on DVR in the sixth inning. :-)

100. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I just flipped over to O'S vs Phils.. sounds like a really big Pro Philly crowd there.

101. djinFl. - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Boston replay shows a strike on Youkilis. Said they thought it was low at first but it was a right on the bottom of the zone.

102. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:39 AM

djinfl.. how is the boston booth reacting to our team?

103. Joe Seamhead - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:39 AM

104. mick - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I would assume we have this game…. happy for Moore and who was the idiot that thought Bryce was in a slump…. that would be me, lol

105. mick - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Strassburg is a simply a Beast, we have Beast 1 and Beast 2, sounds like a Dr Suess idea, lol

106. Joe Seamhead - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:41 AM

NatsFanSinceStart said…Why does Johnson usually stick Stasburg with funky assed lineups like the one tonight – always a weaker defense is what Stras gets. And I ask Why??Moore in left field, playing the green monster? gimme a break.June 08, 2012 7:10 PM——————————Seven runs from this funky xxx lineup ain't too shabby. Nady and Harper have each made pretty fine plays in the OF. Give Davey a break.

107. mick - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:41 AM

is Detweiler a good move right now?

108. mick - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:42 AM

FP says, if Det can go 3, Davey is set up perfectly with bullpen for weekend

109. JB - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:47 AM

This is fun. The Youk K pretty much ended the night for many Boston fans. Det is fooling a lot of batters. Need him to get Pedroia here…

110. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Looks like the park is starting to empty out…

111. ehay2k - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Watching the Sox play defense,with some arching throws from SS and 3B to first , one of which Nady just beat out, makes me appreciate how quickly all our MI guys get the ball to the target.

112. JaneB - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:05 AM

What FP said: we want a triple now, why the heck not?

113. djinFl. - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:08 AM

MicheleSWe seem to have taken this booth by surprise. When we came right back and scored three, it took the homer steam out of them. Then with Stras getting locked in they were very impressed. They kept talking about his pin point accuracy. The seemed to expect Bryce to perform as advertised.

114. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Thanks djinFl. Hopefully tomorrows game they will be a bit more informed.

115. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Please bring in Clipp.

116. djinFl. - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I think we need a sweep to give them a good forehead slap.At the end of the MLB show this afternoon they were reading emails and some one told them to "quit drinking the Nats koolaid, it must be getting warm by now". We have more lessons to impart.

117. Nats212 - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:19 AM

How is Lidge better than H- rod?

118. NatsLady - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Couldn't that have been caught? Misjudged?

119. phil dunton - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Lidge is washed up.

120. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I hate how long this game is going on…

121. JB - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Curly W here in Boston!NatinBeantown

122. MicheleS - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:25 AM

and as I typed that.. Gonzales pops up…WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

123. ehay2k - Jun 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Thanks Michele – always best coming from you!I think we should keep Stras and Harper, resisting all offers nearing the trade deadline. I guess that's why I'm not a GM, like Steve Phillips, whom would have traded Straw for Oswalt. Oh wait, Phillips is not a GM (anymore) either. :-) Let's take the next two, serving notice on the AL east!