Jun 9, 2012, 2:24 AM EDT
US Presswire photo
Bryce Harper rounds the bases after hitting his sixth career homer in the fourth.
Game in a nutshell: A star-studded team from Washington invaded Fenway Park and overwhelmed the hometown Red Sox and their stunned fans. How incredible is that statement? It's true. Bryce Harper put on a show with three hits, including his sixth career homer. And on the second anniversary of his major-league debut, Stephen Strasburg put forth his most dominant start since that magical night in 2010. Strasburg struck out 13, one shy of the career high he set in his debut. And he uncorked a career-high 119 pitches over six brilliant innings. Throw in some clutch hits from Ryan Zimmerman, Ian Desmond and Danny Espinosa and a Washington baseball club snapped a 10-game losing streak at Fenway. The city's last win here: May 25, 1971, when the Senators won 6-5 in 11 innings.
Hitting highlight: How can you not go with the kid? Harper talked before the game about how psyched he was to stand in the sameRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
SAT: Nats at Mariners, 9:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 4:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats blast King Felix, open series vs. Mariners with win
- Zimmermann, Nats get huge test with King Felix out in Seattle
- Nats extend contract with Single-A Hagerstown
- The Baseball Show: Williams for Manager of the Year?
- MLB Power Rankings: L.A. Angels flying high
- Mariners will have familiar face as manager vs. Nats this weekend
- Nats extend deal with Auburn Doubledays of NYP League
- Baseball in the District - MLB radio's Casey Stern & Todd Dybas
- Reason to worry about Nats after 3-game sweep?
- Back-to-back struggles by Fister surprise Nats