Jun 12, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
The Nats go for their fifth straight win tonight at Rogers Centre.
The start of Chien-Ming Wang's season hasn't exactly gone the way the Nationals (or the veteran right-hander) hoped it would, but tonight he'll get a chance to right his ship when he takes the mound in Toronto. Wang showed signs of progress from his first start to his second start, and he'll look to take another step forward tonight against the Blue Jays.
Wang will have a familiar target behind the plate in Jhonatan Solano, who gets the nod in place of Jesus Flores. This is Solano's third major-league start, and all three have come with Wang as his batterymate. Coincidence?
Meanwhile, Davey Johnson's plan to give Roger Bernadina more playing time was derailed when Bernadina strained his hamstring sliding into third base during last night's game. So Rick Ankiel is back in center field tonight (and probably tomorrow).
As you know, I'm not in Toronto for this series, so please enjoy the conversation among yourselves…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Where: Rogers Centre
Gametime: 7:07 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 178
LF Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'
- Marlins pitcher part of sports betting investigation
- Scherzer on mound as Nats face Cards