Jun 12, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
US Presswire file photo
The Nats go for their fifth straight win tonight at Rogers Centre.
The start of Chien-Ming Wang's season hasn't exactly gone the way the Nationals (or the veteran right-hander) hoped it would, but tonight he'll get a chance to right his ship when he takes the mound in Toronto. Wang showed signs of progress from his first start to his second start, and he'll look to take another step forward tonight against the Blue Jays.
Wang will have a familiar target behind the plate in Jhonatan Solano, who gets the nod in place of Jesus Flores. This is Solano's third major-league start, and all three have come with Wang as his batterymate. Coincidence?
Meanwhile, Davey Johnson's plan to give Roger Bernadina more playing time was derailed when Bernadina strained his hamstring sliding into third base during last night's game. So Rick Ankiel is back in center field tonight (and probably tomorrow).
As you know, I'm not in Toronto for this series, so please enjoy the conversation among yourselves…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Where: Rogers Centre
Gametime: 7:07 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 178
LF Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale